The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Nearly Normal Coins..The Eyes Have it (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8812 Posts

Profile of harris
In between practicing some spell bound moves, I was working on some new puppets.

I noticed the Googly eyes I use are similar in size with quarter, half and dollar sized coins....and on my table was a pencil sharpner in the shape of a nose....

Half dollars to half dollar size eyes....mini eye production...
mini eyes to nose...

and not sure if I will use red cards as a mouth or????

Tis the season to be creative....
Oh Christmas coins Oh Christmas Coins...(for our magi celebrating Chanukah..Oh Chanukah gelt, oh chanukah gelt...)

Happy HOYC...(holiday of your choice)

Harris
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
Curtis Kam
View Profile
V.I.P.
same as you, plus 3 and enough to make
3498 Posts

Profile of Curtis Kam
Very interesting, on first blush, all this seems to need is a surface to work upon. Since you're a vent anyway, why not start with a blank form, maybe even a sock or a handkerchief, and then produce the eyes, nose, and mouth. Perhaps a running gag where the eyes don't match, or one keeps disappearing. If you need both hands free, perhaps a spectator can lend you a hand?

Or consider a matrix done on a handkerchief in the classic fashion, with buttons that end up being sewn onto the cloth. (this has been done by a couple of people already, not sure if anyone claims rights) But you follow this by tossing the hank over your hand, and it's a puppet with a face. You then spellbound change the buttons into eyes, and you're off and running.
Is THAT a PALMS OF STEEL 5 Banner I see? YARRRRGH! Please visit The Magic Bakery
feher
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1421 Posts

Profile of feher
Curtis
That was a great suggestion, I'm a artist by trade, so when we have brian storming sessions I'm always amazed at what people come up with, from a single idea. Your ideas is no exception. Nice !

Harris I see a new addition to your show maybe ?
Keep those ideas going.

Sorry I have nothing to add idea wise, right now. I'm still thinking about what Curtis said....lol
Happy Holidays !
Tim
Mean people SUCK!!!!!!!
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8812 Posts

Profile of harris
Yes that is the idea...working on things for the summer of 2011 and beyond.

Didn't think of the sock ...that is a great bit...
Usually I use duct tape to attach them to sock puppets..hmm perhaps velcro..no magnets would be better as they wouldn't interfere with sleights.

I am also playing with squeeze purses (a Clinton Detweiler idea) that already have eyes on them. Getting Doctor of Laughology labels for give-aways and promotion. Playing around with copper-silver routines.(nearly normal brain tells me I already wrote about this a few days ago...deja coins..much better than deja flu.....aaaaaaaaaaaachuuuuuuuuuu
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Nearly Normal Coins..The Eyes Have it (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL