The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Tarot wholesaler (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Jake Murphree
View Profile
Regular user
Beyond the Psychomanteum
138 Posts

Profile of Jake Murphree
Bill,

With all due respect (which I do have for you, unlike your stated opinion of me). My name is Jake, not Jack.

We all understand that just using tarot cards doesn't make you a bizarre performer. We understand that the emotions you create and the power of your magic is about the presentation, not the props. WE GET THAT. My point was - if you leave a plain deck of cards and a tarot deck of cards on the table and simply ask 100 layman (and I reiterate - LAYMAN not studied magicians, occultists, historians...) which deck is more bizarre, mysterious, odd, strange, weird, abnormal, spooky etc - I would be confident saying that more than half of these people would say the tarot. What's wrong with recognizing that? I use the tarot when appropriate for the effect - NOT every trick involving cards.

The reason I took a condescending tone with my post is that I felt your posts on this forum have been slightly rude. I'm just giving a little bit back, Merlin. It's kind of like those karmic repercussions you were talking about. People who share the same passion for this art are coming on here to ask for advice - you then respond with insulting opinions. Or say that "we don't get it". Well, I do get it - you are being arrogant (or at least, coming off that way). It's the way the posts are worded, as if you assumed Rosalyn believes that just using tarot makes him a bizarre performer. Give the guy a break. He was just asking where he could get some cheap tarot cards. He didn't ask for your esteemed thoughts on using the tarot. It's a tourist asking a local where he can find a cheeseburger and the local assumes and tells the tourist that he's a fool for only considering cheeseburgers when he's hungry.

Can we just agree to disagree? I told myself that I'd never be one to engage in a flame war at the Café. Honestly, it's not all that enjoyable and I'm done with it. Happy Holidays.
RCP
View Profile
Inner circle
Two Minnie's in The Hell's Half Acre, The Republic of Texas
2183 Posts

Profile of RCP
Quote:
On 2010-12-18 21:18, weepinwil wrote:
Bet they'd be surprised to know Gnostic Christians used the Tarot game to teach their faith.

Most people would be surprised if they had a clue about what they believe or even why.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Tarot wholesaler (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL