The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Vanishing illusion (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Tim11138
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of Tim11138
What could be a vanishing illusion that I could build that could be cheap in supplies to build?
Oliver Ross
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1724 Posts

Profile of Oliver Ross
I'm not an expert, but what about a tip trunk illusion ?

Otherwise you could just get any kind of box build on a table to make someone vanish or just use a white blanket and very good stage lighting.

Anyway, the type of prop will depend a lot on the stage space, lighting, backstage space etc... you'll have available for the show and of course it needs to fit your presentation style (classic vs modern).

Oliver.
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
Look into the Edwin Brush Rip Van Winkle illusion. He designed it to be used as a solo effect in which he vanishes from the simple to construct cabinet (Jim Gerrish has redesigned it to make from PVC Pipes in his PVC Pile Illusions Book 4 - on my site) and then reappears in a different costume- combining a vanish with a quick change.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
Magic Patrick
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota
1591 Posts

Profile of Magic Patrick
Tip over trunk is the way to go. Cheap, easy and a good vanish. Not very small to store though.

Patrick
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Vanishing illusion (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL