The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » coin sets » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

danny
View Profile
Loyal user
England
269 Posts

Profile of danny
What is your best gimmiked coin or coin set and why?
mine would have to be nest of coins by eddie gibson.
Daniel Meadows
View Profile
Veteran user
Manchester, UK
392 Posts

Profile of Daniel Meadows
Mine would be the Chinese Bit by Eddie Gibson. Good workmanship, great routine, and something I might actually use unlike all the other coin gimmicks I bought when I first started like: Coin Unique, Flipper, Bitten, Shell, C/S.
Cerberus Wallet, Equilibrium, Counterfeit, Deadly Marked Deck, Infamous, Instinct
Tony
View Profile
Veteran user
Los Angeles
303 Posts

Profile of Tony
This topic has been discussed previously and the winner by a large margin (including mine) would be the expanded half by Johnson (U.S.). Runners up were Scotch & Soda, folding, C/S, $1.35, Chinatown coins. All these coins of course were preferred if they were made by Johnson.

Regards,
Tony
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3028 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
All of my Todd Lassen coins. I guess I am particularly fond of my Morgan Silver dollar shells. Things of beauty.

Dan
Click to visit:
cardguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, New York
1171 Posts

Profile of cardguy
I remember the thread about coin gimmicks, and the winners were:
1. Expanded Shell
2. C/S
3. Flipper

I think I would rate these the same way.

Don't underestimate the Flipper. You can do a very visual coin thru table routine like the one in Destroyers.
Frank G. a.k.a. Cardguy
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3028 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
cardguy - if you like the coins thru using a flipper - check out the original.... coins thru the table using a folding coin by David Roth.

Dan
Click to visit:
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
I think I said the shell and the 2c/1s. in the other thread! Have not changed my mind
their the best!

Best David Neighbors
The Coinjurer
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
danny
View Profile
Loyal user
England
269 Posts

Profile of danny
Thanks for your advice.
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5445 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
I have most of the gimmicked coins that have been mentioned. But in terms of “sets” that I tend to perform fairly regularly I have to mention my set of “Beggar Coins with Mongolian coin addition”.

I bought it from Paul Diamond over 20 years ago and have been using it regularly since. It is a very nice set of so-called Oriental coins. It is very well made and is useful for several routines. The set came with four coins, two shells, a jumbo coin and the gimmicked Mongolian coin as an extra. I can do all the Shell coin routines out there with this set (Matrix, coins thru the table/hand/whatever, etc.). And I can do all of the ring on and off ribbon or pencil/chopstick routines. Almost every Ellis Ring routine can be done with this set. As you can see it is very versatile. The polished brass and red calligraphy is very visible and really makes my close up act look great. I carry the coins tied in a length of velvet cord. (The Jumbo and Mongolian coin in my pocket in the Klamn Pocket Organizer).

I have been thinking of having one of the shells fitted with a quarter (which can be banged out) so that I can have a Chinatown Half (OK Quarter) routine using this set.
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6586 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
This has already been discussed in great depth in another topic on this very forum. Pleases direct any further comments there.
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » coin sets » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL