The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » 9,100 years of the past 10,000 years were warmer (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Woland
View Profile
Special user
680 Posts

Profile of Woland
Since we are sharing our beliefs, I will say that I believe:

1) Whether industrial activity is affecting the world's climate cnan't be determined from the available data.
1a) I am not sure that the term "world climate" is meaningful.
2) Even if industrial activity were affecting the world's climate, the evidence is that the changes observed, if real, are well within the historical limits of variability.
3) Even if the changes affecting the world's climate were outside of the bounds of historical variability, the evidence is lacking that these changes are or will be in any serious way deleterious.
4) Therefore the problem of anthropogenic global-warming should continue to be a subject of academic inquiry, but its amelioration does not deserve the public expenditure of one red cent, much less up-ending the industrial west as a whole.
5) In any event, I think most climates in the world are getting colder, and after a period of some years in which many climates in the world appeared to get warmer, we are now going to see a much colder period. I hope it does not get as cold as the last "little ice age."

Woland
Woland
View Profile
Special user
680 Posts

Profile of Woland
Jonathan,

I don't think we have a long enough period of observation to understand if there are any periodicities in the phenomenon.

On the other hand, atmospheric scientist S. Fred Singer thinks that the climate gets warmer for a period of time every 1500 years.

Woland
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » 9,100 years of the past 10,000 years were warmer (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL