The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » How To Make Eric Jones Right-Handed (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Mr. Mystoffelees
View Profile
Inner circle
I haven't changed anyone's opinion in
3623 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mystoffelees
Quote:
On 2012-04-11 21:53, zatara wrote:
Why make him left handed? Much easier to learn by being able to mirror his moves.

Exactly! I love to learn from Eric, as I can easily mirror his work - wish all vids were like that...
Also known, when doing rope magic, as "Cordini"
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
Hay Mine Will be Like That Too!!! As I an Left handed Also! Smile
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
mystre71
View Profile
Inner circle
martinsburg west virginia
1693 Posts

Profile of mystre71
I'm a lefty. But never gave it much thought when I got started in magic. I just learn things as they were written.Smile When something is completely new It new to both your right and left hand, so I believe it will take the same amount of effort to learn whether you're left or right hand. Just my two cents.

Best,
Joe
Walk around coin box work check it out here https://www.magicalmystries.com/products
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
How To Make Eric Jones Right-Handed? Don't. Smile

I remember Eric mentioning longtime back now how he had to always endure learning magic from the other side as he is a lefty and most all instructions were given from a right hand perspective. Seems he tackled the cards dealt to him well enough as to all that, and sure that others can too from the other side of the road. Ahhhh, sweet revenge of sorts. Smile He simply now passes the exercise on to us righties now that he is much more the teacher and not simply the student.

Seems fair enough for such a small hurdle and I'm sure Eric learned a lot not being able to turn things around (though I'm sure he wished he could at times) except in his own mind where he mixed in all of who he was to be who he is today. Smile
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
Yea Coins are Fine! It's just hard Doing a peak With cards When your Left handed ! Smile
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
ottphd
View Profile
Loyal user
243 Posts

Profile of ottphd
Garrett,
Just want to say THANKS!
Jim
Lawrens Godon
View Profile
Inner circle
France
1108 Posts

Profile of Lawrens Godon
I'm ok with the reversing of some sequences in sake of precision.
Overall, I would recommend learning some majors sleights both sides...
Now I've to wait until they lauch a linux version ^^
Thank you
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2343 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
I'm a lefty that does magic right-handed. Smile
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
Dellor
View Profile
New user
45 Posts

Profile of Dellor
Kind of off topic, but I just started coin magic and I'm right handed. Am I suppose to be doing most of the sleights with my right hand? I know I could do it with my left hand or right if I wanted, but would it be more advantageous to do it with my dominate hand?
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Dellor, welcome to the Café. Smile

In general, "Do You"...That is, do magic with your dominant hand as you do most things as that's what's natural to you.

Actually in most cases, that's what everybody is doing more or less. Certainly it's good to be able to do some things in both hands but it isn't necessary really, though it's good to be able to do palms in both hands I guess. And quite honestly you typically continue to do things in your dominate hand anyway, even after practicing with your other hand. I can use both hands pretty good but like I said, it's not necessary. Smile

For lefties, they run into a small challenge as most magicians are righties and create books and DVDs explaining/demonstrating that way as to things. So they have to do a little creative thinking to follow along so that it works for them, it can be a bit confusing at times but you get used to it. They certainly all did. Smile

So just keep doing what you're doing, you're going the "right" way for you. Smile
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

Atom3339
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
3242 Posts

Profile of Atom3339
Hi Dellor, Learning sleights with the non-dominate hand helps you learn sleights with the dominant hand better. funsway had very good information on this here in the Forum. I'm using both hands and mix it up in routines. CP with BOTH hands? Priceless.
TH

Occupy Your Dream
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Quote:
On 2010-12-29 21:00, Denis Bastible wrote:
Us left handers have had to translate every magic book we have read since we were kids.

Either that or we take the "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em" attitude, say "aw skrew it", and just learn it the other way.

Everything is made for right-handers and they don't even know it. And no, not just scissors:
Knives
Thermometers
Coffee Cups
Soup ladles
Pots and pans
even Pencils

Being left-handed. It's a tough racket.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Unless you're a 2 guard in the NBA or a hotshot pitcher in the MLB, then you're gold. Smile

TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Just discovered that the key to my new car is also a "right-handed key".

Oh, well. Still starts.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » How To Make Eric Jones Right-Handed (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL