The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Identify Paddle Trick Please (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

seneca77
View Profile
Loyal user
Tampa Bay, Florida
201 Posts

Profile of seneca77
Hi Everyone,

While doing some cleaning, I came across a paddle trick. I don't have the original packaging or instructions but will describe it as best I can. It's made of wood and has three inset dots on each side. One side has a row of black dots, the other side white dots. The paddle is gimmicked such that the number of black/white dots can change, and as a finale one side turns to blue dots and the other to red.

Unfortunately, the finish of one of the black dots has worn off, revealing a white color underneath. The paddle is unusable because of this and I'd love to buy another one, but have no idea what it's called. It came with a red cloth bag for storage, which was also used as part of the finale, to change one set of dots to red.

Any ideas?

Thank you!
- Bob
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
This is a variant of the Traffic Light Paddle. I have one in my collection, but can't lay hands on it or the instructions right now.

I'll see if I can find it for you and post about it later. It may take a couple of days.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4571 Posts

Profile of Payne
It's called a JuJu Stick. I think it was originally put out by Repro 71 back in the mid 1970's

http://www.martinsmagic.com/full/close-u......_248.htm

There also seems to be a Supreme Version

http://www.martinsmagic.com/?html=full&key=4099

I've got a couple of these in my collection. I think one of each. Though my Supreme one isn't red
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
That's it!

This one might be difficult to replace, because both of them are out of business. Martin Breese may have one, though. I think he got the rights to all of the Supreme stuff.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Martin doesn't have it, and neither does The Trickery. I would check the various used magic dealers, such as Toni Reisner (Austria -- web site is in German), Ron Allesi and the various magic auctions.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

cupsandballsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
2705 Posts

Profile of cupsandballsmagic
I used to have a cheap platic approximation of this albeit a slightly different effect. I think it was called the Traffic Light Paddle.

You may want to check out Joe Porper's effect, the "Porper Multi Paddle"

Bri
seneca77
View Profile
Loyal user
Tampa Bay, Florida
201 Posts

Profile of seneca77
Bill, Payne, and Bri, thank you so much for your quick replies and thorough information on this. Once I saw the name Ju-Ju Stick and the photos from the website, I knew that's what I had. I had so much fun performing this one back in the day! I'll start to check some magic auctions and eBay to see if I can find a replacement.

Thanks again everyone!
- Bob
cupsandballsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
2705 Posts

Profile of cupsandballsmagic
Bob, you're welcome. I should actualy read more carefully too, I just read the thread again and the first thing Bill said was it was a variation of the traffic light thing!

Bri
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Identify Paddle Trick Please (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL