The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Free vs Fee (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jdmagic357
View Profile
Special user
737 Posts

Profile of jdmagic357
I've heard it said that "you get what you pay for". My question is do you think that's
true for mentalism? Is there anything out there you would consider an exceptional buy or freebie?

Here's the criteria;

1. Content, is the written and or video presentation of the material stellar in some way?

2. If props are used, are they made beyond the average capabilities of most mentalist
to make themselves? Or are they of such high quality that one would have to know carpentry,
electronics, or micro surgery to successfully duplicate it.

3. Is it free from fluff. While a beautifully made mental epic is nice, it is of little
value to a performing mentalist who wants to come off as real.

OK so to be clear, I'm asking if there are things either paid for or free that meat the
criteria set above for the purpose of discussing value in both paid and free materials
available to the mentalist.

Thanks.
Just cause they say it, doesn't make it true.
Jim-Callahan
View Profile
V.I.P.
5018 Posts

Profile of Jim-Callahan
Greg Arce, and Chris Carter, both contibuted a couple of exeptional works to this forum.

They are of great value and offered for free.

I would have thought both worth 30 to 50 $ US and felt I made a good purchase.

Best Wishes,

J im

H.o.A-X
“I can make Satan’s devils dance like fine gentlemen across the stage of reality”.
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4451 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
Exceptional values in Mentalism? The effects or the people?
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
jdmagic357
View Profile
Special user
737 Posts

Profile of jdmagic357
Here is something just offered that is incredible and will be useful to just about anyone doing mentalism.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......rum=15&1

What a generous person he is.
DekEl
View Profile
Inner circle
Creates MindTricks. Has exactly:
1172 Posts

Profile of DekEl
Just read this thread. My first thought was of exposure. I'll be out in the open as you said, but on the other hand, I don't think you'd even need that criteria; I've always known almost exactly what I was getting before I got it, if it told me I could make it I knew I'd need to make it, if it was electronic it was either detailed by the description or the price tag.

What really stuck me was that you made it sound like a mental epic, in my most humble opinion, couldn't come across as real, which I must strongly disagree with. In case you can't see my "point", as you obviously couldn't grasp Dick's: I have used a Mental Epic and it came across as very real. At least that's what my spectator's said.
You can purchase my works at: http://www.GetMindTricks.com
jdmagic357
View Profile
Special user
737 Posts

Profile of jdmagic357
What I said there Dicky, was that "While a beautifully made mental epic is nice, it is of little
value to a performing mentalist who wants to come off as real." that's not to say it couldn't in the right hand be wonderful. However most people in the know have dismissed it as mental magic not mentalism. When have you seen a blackboard divided into sixths used in real life? Dicks point as you call it, had no point and was deleted. So thanks for your insight but I'll stick with what I know thank you.

Peace.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Free vs Fee (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL