The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Channing Pollock (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

matt straightedge
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of matt straightedge
Just saw a video of this guy on youtube. He is good! Do you think he'll ever release a dvd????
Revolutionary but gangster
mtpascoe
View Profile
Inner circle
1932 Posts

Profile of mtpascoe
I can say that the chances of him personally releasing a DVD is slim and none, and I think none just edged out slim. It's a shame that no one will remember this undiscovered talent. I saw a video on youtube and this guy had the nerve to copy Lance Burton. In fact, when I first saw it, I just assumed by the age of the film that it was Errol Flynn doing magic. Maybe it was Flynn and he used the pseudo Channing Pollack to fool us all.

But, all kidding aside, there are some television apparences of Channing where he does some *** good card work. In Bonanza he does the Three Card Monte. If you fast foward to the 5:30 mark of this you can see the master at work http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJsyi0fg6IY&NR=1 and at the 8:20 mark you can see him doing the monte throw.
Adam1975
View Profile
Special user
UK
900 Posts

Profile of Adam1975
Channing Pollock in the card workers section....whatever next!! Great talent though.....
Ive upped my standards.Now,up yours!
Nerdini
View Profile
Loyal user
Little Rock, Arkansas
223 Posts

Profile of Nerdini
Quote:
On 2011-01-02 00:29, matt straightedge wrote:
Just saw a video of this guy on youtube. He is good! Do you think he'll ever release a dvd????

Since Mr. Pollack passed away in 2006 at the age of 79,the chances are definitely more to the none side of slim.
"I was in love with a beautiful blonde once. She drove me to drink; that's the one thing I'm indebted to her for"
peterscarlett
View Profile
Regular user
England
137 Posts

Profile of peterscarlett
Please, the name is POLLOCK, at least get that right!
Peter Scarlett
Peter Scarlett Magic
www.peterscarlett.com
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Quote:
On 2011-01-02 00:29, matt straightedge wrote:

... Oh boy
jimvines
View Profile
Regular user
Brooklyn, NY
161 Posts

Profile of jimvines
I suppose someone could collect any and all footage of him performing, get his estate's blessing, and do a retrospective. But then you'd have to be very careful not to do anything he wouldn't have liked, especially if revealing unique methods...
Magic & Mentalism
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
Anyone EVER intend on letting the poor kid off the hook?
mtpascoe
View Profile
Inner circle
1932 Posts

Profile of mtpascoe
If he is still on this site. Channing is the most popular magician in our art. He started the dove act that has been compied by everyone. A Wiki check will do a better job than me. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Channing_Pollock_%28magician%29

Channing went to the famous Chavez School of Magic along with a lot of the members in the Café. He was a very good looking man that held his looks up until he died about four in a half years ago.

Being that he died, there is not a chance that he personally will release any DVD's. But, like it was mentioned, others might.
matt straightedge
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of matt straightedge
Clearly that post was a joke
Revolutionary but gangster
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Channing Pollock (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL