The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Plans for miniature effects (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

SydBeckman
View Profile
New user
Tennessee
93 Posts

Profile of SydBeckman
What are the best sources of plans - or ideas - for miniature magic? There are very few craftsmen left that make any. I have some sources but I would love everyone to chime in with their thoughts.

Syd
Syd
Bryan Gilles
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1732 Posts

Profile of Bryan Gilles
I'd look for the Jack Hughes books. There's a lot of great stuff in them. Tarbell also has some cool little illusions.
SydBeckman
View Profile
New user
Tennessee
93 Posts

Profile of SydBeckman
Thanks Bryan!
Syd
Chance Wolf
View Profile
Inner circle
2425 Posts

Profile of Chance Wolf
Syd,
I have manufactured quite a few Micro Magic effects and will do many more in the future.
I think I can speak for most of the builders/manufacturers when I say that each effect requires a great deal of research and development so my guess is that they would not release the plans as they never sell an extreme amount in the first place.
The simplest way to design/engineer a Micro effect is to start with the large one and shrink it down to about 25%-35% of the original size and change the working accordingly. Sounds simple and in some cases is it...but not all as the physics of the workings may no longer work at the reduced ratios...then you get to sit in our seats and discover how much work is actually involved in even a simple project.
I wish I could be more help but sometimes ya gotta just jump in and tackle the dream!
Chance
Creator of Wacky Wolf Productions & Fine Collectibles

A DECADE of building Magic and we're just getting started!

http://www.wolfsmagic.com
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Quote:
On 2011-01-16 15:32, Chance Wolf wrote:
Syd,
I have manufactured quite a few Micro Magic effects and will do many more in the future.
I think I can speak for most of the builders/manufacturers when I say that each effect requires a great deal of research and development so my guess is that they would not release the plans as they never sell an extreme amount in the first place.
The simplest way to design/engineer a Micro effect is to start with the large one and shrink it down to about 25%-35% of the original size and change the working accordingly. Sounds simple and in some cases is it...but not all as the physics of the workings may no longer work at the reduced ratios...then you get to sit in our seats and discover how much work is actually involved in even a simple project.
I wish I could be more help but sometimes ya gotta just jump in and tackle the dream!
Chance

It should be noted that Chance is one of the very few, if only, guys that makes miniature versions of his OWN creations. They are just as spectacular as the full size versions, too.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
veegates
View Profile
Loyal user
208 Posts

Profile of veegates
I am not sure what Micro Magic is. Is it basically a large scale illusion brought down to desk top size? Or is it a parlor sized effect. Are there any examples I could see? What I picture is something along the lines of a miniature Sucker Die Box. I have built automatons that perform mini effects. Sounds fun!!
Thanks so much!
veegates
veegates
View Profile
Loyal user
208 Posts

Profile of veegates
I am not sure what Micro Magic is. Is it basically a large scale illusion brought down to desk top size? Or is it a parlor sized effect. Are there any examples I could see? What I picture is something along the lines of a miniature Sucker Die Box. I have built automatons that perform mini effects. Sounds fun!!
Thanks so much!
veegates
angeloturn
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of angeloturn
Yuh

I'd like to see these too

A
Leave no wood unturned.....A
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Plans for miniature effects (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL