The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Radio earpieces. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Thistle
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of Thistle
Hey Café,

I'm fairly new to Mentalism transferring from a general Magic hobby of about two years. I've done a couple of private shows and they have been a moderate success! I have landed a 10-15 minute slot at my University cultural festival (200-300 people) in about 3 months and I'm bricking it. I suppose I'm just worried about the transition from a small audience to stage. Having read Cabinda's words on sub-minature radio equipment, I admit to being totally intrigued - such technology could be exploited for a great finale.

Are there ear pieces out there which are not too expensive? I'd be happy to DIY something... at the moment I'm fiddling around with radio controlled toys!

Alternatively if this sounds like a truly rubbish idea, I'd appreciate being pointed in another direction. .

Many thanks in advance!
NFox
View Profile
Inner circle
I Do Mentalism Now?!
1101 Posts

Profile of NFox
What type of effect are you looking to do? Ear pieces like anything else are just a type of utility, and there are often other, cheaper ways of accomplishing the same effect. (Even if you as a performer know the difference, the audience likely won't)

So what were you looking to do? We obviously can't discuss methods, here, but at the very least someone might be able to point you towards a more realistic resource for a fairly new mentalist.

-Nick
"Obscuring Reality"- Gone but not forgotten...

FoxIllusions.com
wanda&viktor
View Profile
New user
France
84 Posts

Profile of wanda&viktor
Mentalism is not a hobby like modelism, if you want to have something efective you must learn seriously .
Earpieces are specifics things and you can avoid them. You have to buy some masterpieces books like bob Cassidy or Annemann.
Electroncic devices are not the magical solution,...your brain yes. You have to be creative in your work, develop your imagination,
dream your act see you would see it as a spectator and you will see you don't need electronic to have a great succes.

Good luke in your search.
French Mind reading and mentalism act.
Tarot readers.
https://www.mentalistes.fr
https://visiomentalisme.fr
Rebecca_Harris
View Profile
Veteran user
361 Posts

Profile of Rebecca_Harris
Get in touch with Jon at http://www.subversivecircuits.co.uk (or Tomo on the forum), he's a bit of an electronics wizard and might be able to help you or point you in the right direction.
Dick Christian
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Virginia (Metro DC)
2619 Posts

Profile of Dick Christian
Just sent you a PM.
Dick Christian
Wyld2006
View Profile
New user
If only I was clever enough to come up with something witty to back up my...
41 Posts

Profile of Wyld2006
I’ve heard of the 3001 Mental Transgression. $1585 was what I saw it for. If it really is the best I could see it being worth it. I also saw an item that was $150 on amazon.com that looked like the same basic function, but using a simple walkie talkie style radio to communicate with the ear piece. Is there anyone who has used this in performance before and could possibly give a recommendation?
Chaz93
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
1753 Posts

Profile of Chaz93
What? Ear Pieces? So that's how they're able to hear my Inner Thoughts!

Come on guys.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Quote:
On 2013-06-29 00:24, Chaz93 wrote:
What? Ear Pieces? So that's how they're able to hear my Inner Thoughts!

Come on guys.

Yes please.....................
Wyld2006
View Profile
New user
If only I was clever enough to come up with something witty to back up my...
41 Posts

Profile of Wyld2006
I really am surprised that no one will comment here on this. Is it so small of a market? It is looking like I will have to take the plunge and make the purchase. Viking Mfg. seems to be a credible company so I am not that worried.
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Quote:
On 2013-07-14 22:01, Wyld2006 wrote:
I really am surprised that no one will comment here on this. Is it so small of a market? It is looking like I will have to take the plunge and make the purchase. Viking Mfg. seems to be a credible company so I am not that worried.

Why are you surprised? We don't discuss methods in the publicly searchable areas of the Café. That is what Inner Thoughts is for. You can access it after you've made fifty legitimate posts. It is not Googleable.

Nor should methods be mentioned in the title of a thread as is the case here. It's simply a matter of common sense and respect for the secrets of the art.

But, yes, Viking is an excellent and well-regarded company.

Good thoughts,

Bob
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18036 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Thistle joined two years ago and only posted once on his first day ... I'd dump the entire thread.
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Agreed.

And I think people really should stop answering questions in Penny that directly reference methods in either the title or text. If someone who wanted to write an expose' of mentalism for the media, this forum would be an excellent and easily searchable source.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Radio earpieces. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL