The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Science Magic Show (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Red Shadow
View Profile
Inner circle
1788 Posts

Profile of Red Shadow
I just released a book called 'A Journey Through Space - An Educational Magic Show' on Lybrary.com which is an entire show based around astronomy. Its a different take on the science based show, which is not in direct competition to those Mad Science group people.

Its not about science experiments, more magic routines themed around space. So I don't know if its what your looking for, but figured I'll give you the option to look at it.
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5698 Posts

Profile of Christopher Lyle
Glad to see this thread was brought back...keep the good vibes coming....
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
Magician, Comic, Daredevil, and Balloon Twisting Genius
For a Good Time...CLICK HERE!
magicgeorge
View Profile
Inner circle
Belfast
4299 Posts

Profile of magicgeorge
Hey, Steven have you any more info on your book of astrology magic? It sounds interesting.

I went on lybrary but there wasn't much info there.

You've written a lot of books!
Red Shadow
View Profile
Inner circle
1788 Posts

Profile of Red Shadow
Hi George.

Yeah, I've written 8 books. I don't like to plug my own material as much as some guys do. I prefer the products to sell themselves. But when I see a post where my books & videos are a direct answer to the question, I mention them as it can help people.

The book itself is 90 pages long. The entire show is narrative based, with tricks to demonstrate the various stages of a journey travelling through space, from astronaut training, the trip to the moon, onwards to Saturn and finally back home. I wanted to write an entire show, and not just a collection of tricks. I strongly believe that the performer must think heavily about the journey which you take the audience on and that when you perform, it should be like a piece of theatre and not just a magician showing us every tricks they know. Hopefully the book will inspire readers to think about the overall show structure and choosing the right tricks to tell the message and push the story along naturally.

There are 17 tricks / routines explained which does include my script, patter and presentation for props like the Axtell Drawing Board and Axtell Monkey, The Afghan Rings, Linking Rings and Tricky Bottles.

In the show itself only 10 routines are used. But I included additional / alternative routines in the book for other props in case they were better suited for the performer - it would give them choice and may be easier for the reader as they may already own the trick mentioned and this will give them alternative ideas for how to use the prop.

Also included are 3 modelling balloon designs for an astronaut, alien and space-ship I devised. Music suggestions, costume suggestions and other useful links with direct web-links to the relevant websites to source the material. This is for things like backdrops and scenery setting should you need them.

Technically it uses every part of an A4 page. Its properly formatted as a professional looking retail book, with full coloured margins. Meaning if you plan on printing it, you may need to reduce the page size so that you don't cut of the edges. As a PDF its fully bookmarked with quick and easy navigation throughout the tricks. It is in colour, with many photographs.

Its a good book and I'm proud of it. It will however be my last book for a while on magic. I'm currently in the process of writing novels and I think I've made my impression in the world of magic for now and I'm ready to move on. I hope those who check it out will find it enjoyable and useful.

Steve
Kevinr
View Profile
Inner circle
1854 Posts

Profile of Kevinr
Quote:
On 2011-02-04 10:50, KeirRoyale wrote:
I have been thinking about putting together a science show also Christopher and plan on going to Steve Spangler's Science in the Rockies conference this year. It is about $800 for a three day course on how to do the stuff you are talking about. Better yet there is a cruise to Alaska that lasts a week and doesn't cost much more. (FYI I would be going on the cruise instead but I am scheduled to become a dad on the same day that the ship sets sail so that might not go over so well) In any event, if you have not heard of Steve he is on the Ellen Show every three months and is a really dynamic guy. Here is a link to Steve's conference. http://www.stevespanglerscience.com/teac......-rockies

Best regards,

Keir
http://www.DenverKidMagic.com

This is worth looking at again from Keir. No one has one more awards on this than Steve. This guy is in the hall of fame for speakers won many awards for science. People from all over the world come and see his shows. Check out his website! He is the guy who started the You Tube "Mentos and Coke" sensation!
BtheDreamer
View Profile
Loyal user
246 Posts

Profile of BtheDreamer
Barry Mitchell just came out with a science show:

http://www.barrymitchellproducts.com/sto......_science
bwarren3
View Profile
Special user
518 Posts

Profile of bwarren3
BtheDreamer posted it before I could. barry's Science program is great plus you can buy just the bDVD and go get the props yourself or buy the entire package all ready to go, your choice either way but it's a great program, easy to do.
Bill
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
I recently stopped playing around with this and put together a strong show of experiments with household objects. It is going over very strongly. I did 150 kids of 12 to 16 years of age last Friday, and they were raving about it afterwards. It is a way into the school market for me, because in Ireland the schools won't book an entertainment only show.

For me the key was to regard each experiment as a routine, and plan it with plenty of laughs, interaction and showmanship, and a strong pay-off at the end. In addition to getting me bookings it is great fun. I would urge everyone with a bit of a scientist in him or her to give it a try.
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Tony
I highly recommend that you make green slime it's always a big hit for all age kids.

You could mount some fans, and lights on a board, then throw switches, to light the lights, you can remove batteries, and the switch don't work. It's a safe electrical demo.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
keeblem
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex, UK
1167 Posts

Profile of keeblem
This has been posted elsewhere at the Café:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvWP3gfjRoY

Mark
Kevinr
View Profile
Inner circle
1854 Posts

Profile of Kevinr
Quote:
On 2011-02-04 10:50, KeirRoyale wrote:
I have been thinking about putting together a science show also Christopher and plan on going to Steve Spangler's Science in the Rockies conference this year. It is about $800 for a three day course on how to do the stuff you are talking about. Better yet there is a cruise to Alaska that lasts a week and doesn't cost much more. (FYI I would be going on the cruise instead but I am scheduled to become a dad on the same day that the ship sets sail so that might not go over so well) In any event, if you have not heard of Steve he is on the Ellen Show every three months and is a really dynamic guy. Here is a link to Steve's conference. http://www.stevespanglerscience.com/teac......-rockies

Best regards,

Keir
http://www.DenverKidMagic.com

Listen to what Keir is talking about above. Steve Spangler is in the not only one of the very few in the "National Speakers Hall Of Fame" with people like Zig Zigler. He wrote the book on science shows. He is the number one guy in the world on this subject. His invention "Mentos & Soda" experiment is all over You Tube. If you want a amazing show this Steve Spangler is your man to learn from.
Amazing Magic Co
View Profile
Inner circle
1715 Posts

Profile of Amazing Magic Co
It appears the event in the Rockies is limited to teachers only? Do magicians count?

Dan.
Kevinr
View Profile
Inner circle
1854 Posts

Profile of Kevinr
Oh yeah you can go. I bought some of his stuff and done a lot of research on this guy he is amazing and makes huge money doing what he loves.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Science Magic Show (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL