The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » What in the World do these have in common? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
JimbosMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1334 Posts

Profile of JimbosMagic
£30, well that's a steal.
JIMMY CARLO. KIDabra International Family Entertainer of the Year 2009.
IBM Triple Award Winner. Uk Champion of Comedy Magic.
Represented the UK in the United Slapstick Awards on German TV.
European Children's Entertainer of the year 2007/8
Quentin
View Profile
Inner circle
1020 Posts

Profile of Quentin
I've just heard that the books have arrived from the printers.
seadog93
View Profile
Inner circle
3200 Posts

Profile of seadog93
I had originally passed up this thread before I saw what it was about (I thought it was ...one of THOSE threads. My bad.)

It was just called to my attention to it so I finally read it and I'm really excited. I'm a fan of Practical Magic and I have Jihn Breeds' book which is SO good.

That was enough for me, but when I read the table contents I knew that this officially on the top of my list.WOW.
"Love is the magician who pulls man out of his own hat" - Ben Hecht

"Love says 'I am everything.' Wisdom says 'I am nothing'. Between the two, my life flows." -Nisargadatta Maharaj

Seadog=C-Dawg=C.ou.rtn.ey Kol.b
Julie Carpenter
View Profile
Regular user
Watford
139 Posts

Profile of Julie Carpenter
Ive seen the sneak previews and its brilliant ( please notice my piece is not in the sneak previews, but its pretty ok)
Krisgar
View Profile
New user
Bedfordshire, UK
42 Posts

Profile of Krisgar
Hey John! This looks fab, probably will purchase one at BlackPool.

In your last masterpiece you made to; 'outside of the UK' on a few pages in relation to products and ideas. As a lot of magicians using the Café are from the 'other side of the pond' out of interest is it available in the US? Do you have a main distributer or is there an equivalent to the infamous Practical Magic?!
Krisgar Entertainments
Childrens Entertainer in Bedfordshire
Krisgar
View Profile
New user
Bedfordshire, UK
42 Posts

Profile of Krisgar
Ps/ I take it this will be available at BlackPool? I hope there's a good stock if so, I image they'd sell like hot cakes!
Krisgar Entertainments
Jeremy Le Poidevin
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of Jeremy Le Poidevin
A message from Jeremy of the 'infamous' Practical Magic - whatever that means! The World of Children's Magic book will shortly be available: it is being released at the Blackpool Convention next week. The book can be obtained only from Practical Magic. Let me explain why: if you have followed this thread, you will know that the book's profits are going to charity - global children's charities. As such, it makes no sense to wholesale the book to other suppliers who can hardly be expected to sell the book for no profit. In addition, any profit from the book would be eaten into by shipping the books to the wholesaler. I want as much money as possible to go to the charities - that was the whole purpose of the book.
None of the 60 contributors will gain anything monetary from their kindness, except a copy of the book as a way of saying 'thank you'. I contacted all of them in the past few days to say their copies were now available. Many of them have sent the postal costs to me anyway to increase revenue to the charities. Many others are collecting the book at Blackpool instead of having it sent to them - again, saving costs.
As you'd expest, the majority of the contributions are from the UK and the US, but, as this is a global project, there are also contributions from Croatia, Germany, New Zealand, Ireland, Colombia, Mexico, Sweden, Denmark, Malta and Australia. If I could have accommodated more, I would gladly have done so, but my original idea of 20-30 contributors grew to 60 and we had to stop somewhere!
I hope a great many Café readers will want to support this project, and also do themselves a favour by getting hold of some brilliant routines and articles on entertaining children.
Thanks for reading.
Jeremy Le Poidevin
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of Jeremy Le Poidevin
As a quick addendum to the above, the newly-coined word 'expest' should have been 'expect' - and that from a former English teacher. The shame of it.
francisngkl
View Profile
Special user
Singapore
509 Posts

Profile of francisngkl
Thank you, I would definitely get one for great magic and good cause
Carpe Diem, Seize The Day!
Krisgar
View Profile
New user
Bedfordshire, UK
42 Posts

Profile of Krisgar
As a quick addendum to my above comment, Jeremy I've always thought infamous meant the same as illustrious. Through just checking I've noticed it means quick the oppisite!! I do apologies and assure you it was meant in a good way, what you're with this book is amazing thing and I'll certainly be getting my copy and urge others to do the same to support a great cause!

Kind Regards,
Chris
Krisgar Entertainments
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » What in the World do these have in common? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL