The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Melt value (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4674 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
I was just at a coin show, looking for Barbers. Boy, the price of coins have gone up! Morgans started at $25 each, and you couldn't get a silver half dollar of any type under $11 - which I was told is the melt value for a half dollar. My advice is that if you see any silver half dollars - kennedys, Franklins, Walking Liberties, and Barbers, UNDER $11, get them now, as the price keeps going up!! I expect that the gaffs will be going up as well, as the cost of silver increases.
S.E.M. (The Sun, the Moon, and the Earth) is a sun and moon routine unlike any other. Limited to 100 sets, here is the promo:
https://youtu.be/aFuAWCNEuOI?si=ZdDUNV8lUPWvtOcL
$325 ppd USA (Shipping extra outside of USA). If interested, shoot me an email for ordering information at rubinsteindvm@aol.com
mago.niko
View Profile
Loyal user
Athens, Greece
286 Posts

Profile of mago.niko
As a beginner I started with the ordinary series of half dollars.. And now everytime I'm thinking of replacing them with silver ones, they are so expensive that I always prefer to buy several books and dvds with the same money..
Maybe I'll never replace them Smile
Searching for the magic side of life...
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Here's the chart for January 21, 2011:

Jim
Sammy J.
View Profile
Inner circle
Castle Rock, Colorado
1786 Posts

Profile of Sammy J.
Good advice, Michael.
I'm glad I "stocked up" on Silver coins a couple of years ago. '64 Kennedys were $5.00 each and Walking Liberties were $7.50 each.
My dad collected coins when I was a kid. He has given me 10 Morgans, 4 of which fit my Triple Threat Ex Sh**l perfectly.
Sammy J. Teague
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
Yea I think The Last Morgans Todd got where like $ 30.00 Each! Smile
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4674 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
Cool chart! But its a shame that all of our old currency is valued not by conditon or date, but by the value it is worth when you melt down the coin. I asked one of the dealers today, no one has any idea of how many coins get melted, and how many are really left. When I was a kid I saved mercury head dimes. I am saddened that if I bring it to a coin dealer, they are just going to flat out offer me two bucks a coin. I just bought 66 barber half dollars, I usually sell them along with three old copper coins, but I might just hold onto them.
S.E.M. (The Sun, the Moon, and the Earth) is a sun and moon routine unlike any other. Limited to 100 sets, here is the promo:
https://youtu.be/aFuAWCNEuOI?si=ZdDUNV8lUPWvtOcL
$325 ppd USA (Shipping extra outside of USA). If interested, shoot me an email for ordering information at rubinsteindvm@aol.com
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Anything less than XF or AU is a tough call when it's also made of precious metal.

If you want MS grade coins - should be no problem if you are willing to pay for them.

For reference: http://www.numismedia.com/fmv/grades.shtml
...to all the coins I've dropped here
mavericklancer
View Profile
Elite user
Tustin, CA
448 Posts

Profile of mavericklancer
If anyone wants to check the daily price of silver, this is a great source:

http://www.silverrecyclers.com/Calculato......tor.aspx

I always check it before going to a coin shop =).
PAUL K
View Profile
Special user
Massachusetts
547 Posts

Profile of PAUL K
Remember in the 1980's when Jimmy Carter was president and Silver hit $50.00 an ounce because of the Hunt Brothers. Then president Reagan was in and the price went to under $9.00 an ounce. I was going to the banks in the 70's and going through the rolls and saving all of the silver Kennedy Half Dollars.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Melt value (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL