The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Digital TV (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3661 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Ever since the conversion to Digital TV our reception on the antennae has gotten worse and worse.

Rainy weather, a breeze, a cloud, everything destroys reception.

They claimed the converter would fix all and we needn't worry but this has not been the case.

They should have told us that it was a change from free TV to "you must have Cable or Satellite".

It seems the whole things was a big frequency grab of what used to be public airwaves.

I'm mad but I'm not paying for Cable or Satellite. This is bogus.

Cheap and Pixilated.
-Mary Mowder
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Well...yeah...you are correct.
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Don't feel left out. Cable and satellite sucks, too.

When I was in Birmingham, I had rabbit ears for TV reception. When they went digital, I lost a couple stations completely (PBS was one), but I started getting some retro TV channel (go figure). Overall, the reception was worse than before. I think I beat the rabbit ears to death before I moved.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2734 Posts

Profile of RS1963
I haven't even turned on my t.v. in what will be 3 years come may. I do watch t.v. at times when I'm not home. I don't miss it that much. My parents have the same problem at their house. The reception changes often every day.
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Since I don't watch TV, it doesn't bother me too much, but I *do* get a bit angry about the fact that here in Germany they do not broadcast HD digitally. That means that if you want to watch sports in HD, for example, you MUST pay a subscription fee to somebody.

Furthermore, Telekom won't sell me a faster Internet connection without it being packaged with a subscription to their television service--but I'd have to pay another 10 Euros per month to get HD, and there really is no point in getting television service unless it's to get the HD.

I don't mind companies trying to make money. But I feel like their price structure is sneaky.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Digital TV (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL