The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Review wanted: Mental Epic Compendium by Paul Romhany (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

unclesamayen
View Profile
Elite user
Taiwan
459 Posts

Profile of unclesamayen
Hello,
Looks interestin.
Anyone got this book?
Thanks.
YuYen
Comedy, Mental, Busking.
Performing magic for the blinds.
http://youtu.be/nW3O0nucQUI
Busking in Mong Kok
http://youtu.be/WqohXqTxRVU
revlovejoy
View Profile
Special user
Pennsylvania
765 Posts

Profile of revlovejoy
I have a routine published in this book, so I came looking for this thread, hoping there would be some input. After a few weeks, no reviews. That's too bad. I think the book itself is fantastic for what it is, an exhaustive treatise on a single classic routine. I just wonder how limited the market will be for it, based on the nature of it. I was hoping some more seasoned veterans who have extensive libraries would offer up some solid critiques.
Donal Chayce
View Profile
Inner circle
1770 Posts

Profile of Donal Chayce
I've purchased it, and read it, and it delivers exactly what it promises: a number of good routines from the repertoires of working professionals that utilize a Mental Epic board or that use the same principle behind the board but without the prop.

I particularly enjoyed reading the thoughts behind some of the better known ME routines, such as Whit Haydn's "Killer Epic" and Alan Shaxon's "Ultimate Epic."

In my case, I wasn't so much looking for a routine to perform as I was looking for tips and suggestions on handling, structuring, etc. in connection with a routine I've been putting together, in fits and starts, for the past couple of years. And once again, the book delivered, in spades.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Review wanted: Mental Epic Compendium by Paul Romhany (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL