The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Hold 'Em Magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
tomcards
View Profile
Veteran user
San Francisco
395 Posts

Profile of tomcards
Thanks Blindside and Kyle. That is merely a tantalizing taste. There is a lot more great stuff within its pages.

Tom
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Very nice!
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
tomcards
View Profile
Veteran user
San Francisco
395 Posts

Profile of tomcards
My thanks to those of you who have already ordered Hold 'Em Magic. Strap yourselves in. We ship in less than a week!

Tom
APC
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1213 Posts

Profile of APC
Wow that is a great free sample! I know for a fact I will be using Josh's routine and I'm sure I'll play around with the others. Thank you for the sample and this is sure to be an incredible book based on what I've read!
tomcards
View Profile
Veteran user
San Francisco
395 Posts

Profile of tomcards
I shipped out the first batch of books yesterday. Hooray! Thanks again for your orders.

After you've read the book, feel free to post your impressions of it. I look forward to reading YOUR reviews for a change.

Tom
tomcards
View Profile
Veteran user
San Francisco
395 Posts

Profile of tomcards
“Hi Tom,

“I received a special Halloween treat with the arrival of your book, Hold 'Em Magic. I've spent the next couple of days devouring the contents. I was amazed at the variety of approaches offered, from sleight-of-hand card changes of hole cards, subtle use of gaffs, memorized deck routines, prediction effects, and fully fleshed out poker routines with great story-telling.

“Your inclusion of the history of poker in general and Texas hold 'em in particular provides excellent patter possibilities. Providing hole card nicknames and interesting poker quotes also offers wonderful additions to potential presentations. This hard-bound book with glossy paper, great photographs, and artistic layout will make an excellent addition to anyone's magic library. Congratulations on a job well done!”

- Gene Castillon
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Got my book last week. Beautifully produced by Vanishing, Inc. Haven't had time to go through it in detail yet but I am looking forward to it. Looks like you did a fantastic job of gathering up some amazing material, Tom. Congrats!
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
tomcards
View Profile
Veteran user
San Francisco
395 Posts

Profile of tomcards
"Seldom can a magic book be truly called one-of-a-kind or maybe first-of-its-kind, but this one sure can. The entire book is first class, from the tricks to the references to the quotations."

- Bob Farmer
tomcards
View Profile
Veteran user
San Francisco
395 Posts

Profile of tomcards
“Received the book yesterday and I like it. It is very well designed and the material is well thought out and described. Mr. Frame does an excellent job with credits, even to the point of mentioning paternity of handling variations in the main effect.

“The material ranges from the self-working to the technically advanced. Given the structure of the book, one can dip in and out to try different effects, as no one is related to techniques explained elsewhere.

”The real challenge would be to select one (or more) effects to add to one's repertoire. The interesting thing is that the effects are mostly varied, it's not just a collection of very similar presentations.

”A nice book, which finally provides between two covers some original card material.

”Well done, Tom!”

- Marco Pusterla
tomcards
View Profile
Veteran user
San Francisco
395 Posts

Profile of tomcards
“Notwithstanding its common theme, one of the more amazing aspects of your book is the distinctly uncommon variety of techniques, concepts, and approaches that have been so cleverly and practically applied. It thus is far more than a collection of fine tricks - it's a study in the thinking processes of a group of fine creators.

“Flavored throughout with the author's subtle humor and topped off with terrific presentational background (and glossary) by Jason England, the book is an unquestioned Buy'em and Hold'em.”

- J. K. Hartman
tomcards
View Profile
Veteran user
San Francisco
395 Posts

Profile of tomcards
Guys,

Check out the new promo video that Josh and Andi have produced. The longest, sexiest fingers that I've ever seen are attached to the hands of the gifted Shin Lim. He is performing a variant of Don England's "Texas Hold 'Em Dream".

http://www.vanishingincmagic.com/magic/c......m-magic/

Tom
kentfgunn
View Profile
Inner circle
Merritt Island FL
1639 Posts

Profile of kentfgunn
I've just picked this book up from some guy selling them out of his living room in San Francisco.

This book needed written. It really is nice to see someone in the magic community was smart enough to see this book was required. If you want to do gambling material that will knock poker players for a loop, get this book!

KG
Magicmike1949
View Profile
Special user
643 Posts

Profile of Magicmike1949
If you do card magic and you don't have at least one Hold'em routine in your arsenal, you need this book. It's chock full of some great ideas. When it comes to playing cards, this is what our lay audiences see on T.V. Regardless of whether they play it or understand it, ifthey even just channel surf, they've encountered it. You will have their interest.
tomcards
View Profile
Veteran user
San Francisco
395 Posts

Profile of tomcards
Keep your eyes peeled for Jamy Ian Swiss's review of the book in the January issue of Genii. The electronic version of the magazine should appear next week.

Tom
tomcards
View Profile
Veteran user
San Francisco
395 Posts

Profile of tomcards
Here is a link to a review from My Lovely Assistant.

http://www.mylovelyassistant.com/reviews/view/2896

Tom
TheMagicSession
View Profile
New user
49 Posts

Profile of TheMagicSession
We took a look at this on tonight's episode of the live Magic Marketplace product review show. Find out what we thought here... http://youtu.be/vcHnX13mvo0

Get it now!
tomcards
View Profile
Veteran user
San Francisco
395 Posts

Profile of tomcards
Thanks for your positive comments Luke. I'm glad you like it.

Tom
tomcards
View Profile
Veteran user
San Francisco
395 Posts

Profile of tomcards
Guys,

Jamy Ian Swiss gives the book a favorable review in the January issue of Genii. Check it out.

Tom
tomcards
View Profile
Veteran user
San Francisco
395 Posts

Profile of tomcards
Here is the review from magic.about.com

http://magic.about.com/b/2011/11/22/texas-hold-em-magic.htm

Tom
Karli
View Profile
New user
Estonia
78 Posts

Profile of Karli
As a semi pro poker player and amateur magician, i´ve been looking for material like this. From all the poker related tricks i´ve seen, they all seem like "a magician wanting to come up with a new theme, looked up some info about texas hold`em and put it together with some card moves.

To understand how you would amaze the poker player with your poker themed cards tricks, you gotta know how the poker player thinks. For that you must know the game and have some LIVE EXPERIENCE.

I don´t know how many of the guys contributing to the book have it, but looking at the sample video and first couple of routines from the sample book they seem too far away from the subject (texas hold´em) to me. Josh Jay routine standed out a bit, at least he knew about burning cards.

K.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Hold 'Em Magic (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL