The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Patrick Redford DVD on Any Card at Any Number coming soon (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10
matt.magicman
View Profile
Inner circle
Mars
1524 Posts

Profile of matt.magicman
Mines on ebay if you want a bargin
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
2051 Posts

Profile of Daren
Will I have to most likely go out and have to find the materials to make the gimmicks or will I likely have the gimmick already in my household, pm me if necessary
Patrick Redford
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1751 Posts

Profile of Patrick Redford
You'll have most of what you need around the house. The something you may have to go out and get is not necessary for the gimmicks to do their job, they just make it easier.

Hope this helps
drphil
View Profile
Elite user
449 Posts

Profile of drphil
This is A must have for mem. deck workers. You can show A blue deck and A red one that you then place away from you. Then take one card from the blue deck place it face down and ask spectator for A number from 1-52. Note card is placed down before number is called out. Now you explain the difference between a magician and a mentalist. You demonstrate how A magician might have you select A card return it back into the deck, with this 1 move all the dirty work is done. place the cards back in the box, And as you turn to grab the red box you state however A mentalist would use A deck that has never been touched. When the cards are counted down to their number it will match you'r prediction, This fries them You put the card down before the number was stated and you never came near the red deck, other than to hand it to them. This is is now my go-to c.a.a.n.
entermagic
View Profile
Special user
810 Posts

Profile of entermagic
I have found this great video performance for Hands Off that gives the right kudos
to this effect:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2CGEuTthK4

In my opinion, it looks perfect.

MP
mcpotato
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of mcpotato
Can someone please help with the Si Stebbins calculation? What happens if you have a position not evenly divisible by 4 and end up with either a zero or negative value after doing the subtraction step? It seems to fall apart when running into those scenarios or my math is not right.

Say for example you have the 10 of diamonds and 10th position. That ends up with a calculation of 12 minus 13 = -1. So what happens next? I tried going "remainder" cards left and right and neither ends up with the correct result.
ted french
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus Ohio
1946 Posts

Profile of ted french
This post may need to be deleted for exposure. Contact patric redford on here he is a member.
P3
practice practice perform.
mcpotato
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of mcpotato
Sorry, I didn't mean any harm by my post. I'll contact him instead as suggested.

I can't seem to edit the above post though if a mod could sensor out whatever is required. Thanks.
Exitmat
View Profile
Special user
641 Posts

Profile of Exitmat
I'm interested in this but have two questions first.

One: I already have down a memorized deck. What is the benefit of doing this effect with a stack?

Two: What is the re-set like on this?

Thanks!
ted french
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus Ohio
1946 Posts

Profile of ted french
The benefit is that it makes it even easier. The real cool aspect of this product is the gimmick. The gimmick is very clever in the design and how it works.
P3
practice practice perform.
Exitmat
View Profile
Special user
641 Posts

Profile of Exitmat
Quote:
On 2011-08-26 14:06, ted french wrote:
The benefit is that it makes it even easier. The real cool aspect of this product is the gimmick. The gimmick is very clever in the design and how it works.

Yeah, I figured it made it easier, but how so? Are there less moves? Can the card be positioned with just a cut instead of running the through the deck and moving it?

And again, what is the reset like?

I really don't really care if it has a cool gimmick or is gimmickless. The audience isn't aware of that either way. I just want to know if it's something that suits my needs.
Adrian King
View Profile
New user
I "Like"
82 Posts

Profile of Adrian King
I’m a few month’s behind here, but this method is diabolical. I’ve researched a whole ton of different methods out on the market and none of them come close to this. Patrick / George: you are simply genius. Your methods and thinking are always out of the box, fresh and practical. (I have a lot of fun with your chair prediction test, Quartet!)
Exitmat: sorry no-one’s given you any straight answers. Assuming your question about re-setting is from a walk around / table hopper’s perspective and requirements, this is actually pretty easy to reset. That’s all I can say without giving too much away on this open forum. As for your question about using a memorized stack, this is even harder to answer without exposure. This effect is based on a named card appearing in a named position, so of course a stack will make life easier. I have never bothered learning a stack as my memory and maths (especially in the heat of performing) suck. And I don’t intend to for this effect, either. As Patrick describes in the DVD, you can position a few cards in the pack to help you keep track. (In the same way as a 300mm ruler doesn’t have 300 numbers on it. It displays 10mm, 20mm, 30mm etc and you count from or to the nearest 10mm display.)
The main point you are dismissing here, Exitmat, is that the gimmicks are the crux of this method and what make it stand out from all the other ACAAN methods out there. Secret gimmicks are used for our benefit, not the spectators’.
Magicmagician83
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of Magicmagician83
I am not sure this has been addressed but this is EXACTLY like David Forrest's Route 01. The gimicks are essentially the same, although Patrick's uses a few extra touches, but even in Route 01 the same technique is described using two of the secret something needed in Route 01.
drphil
View Profile
Elite user
449 Posts

Profile of drphil
I believe this was out first in a book by Patrick titled Mendacity. I had this book before route 1 was out. I use the aronson m.d. with this and I find it makes for a very easy acaan.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Patrick keeps coming out with great ideas. What an idea man. His latest is The Infinite End.

Comp
David J.OConnor
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of David J.OConnor
Hi Guys I am relatively new here at the Café but wondered whether anyone can
suggest where I might purchase the card effect "Intuition" by Hondo. Reads
similar to A C A N but with a prediction in envelope reveal after the card
and number are given and the routine has been concluded.

Many thanks David J. (down under)
MikeMgc
View Profile
Regular user
180 Posts

Profile of MikeMgc
Currently searching for the "Holy Grail" of ACAAN effects, after being blown away by Charlie Fryes performance of ACAAN with Jumbo Cards at Blackpool.

This sounds like the real deal.
Exitmat
View Profile
Special user
641 Posts

Profile of Exitmat
Quote:
On Mar 20, 2015, MikeMgc wrote:
Currently searching for the "Holy Grail" of ACAAN effects, after being blown away by Charlie Fryes performance of ACAAN with Jumbo Cards at Blackpool.

I give Asi Wind's AACAAN my highest recommendation.
Ceierry
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1582 Posts

Profile of Ceierry
Quote:
On Mar 20, 2015, Exitmat wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 20, 2015, MikeMgc wrote:

I give Asi Wind's AACAAN my highest recommendation.

Same here, a little time consuming, but at the same time, you'll learn something you'll use for another effects Smile

Best ACAAN for me.
Author of 10S Star Sign Divination - olivier.ceierry@gmail.com for a digital copy.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Patrick Redford DVD on Any Card at Any Number coming soon (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL