The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Dolly Darko and the Theatre of Souls (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

WayneCapps
View Profile
Special user
Charleston, SC
769 Posts

Profile of WayneCapps
OK, here is my review of Dolly Darko. First, I want to address the customer service from Lebanon Circle. When I ordered Dolly, I was told it would take six months before it arrives. I was not happy with the wait time but I thought it was well worth it and like other specialty items that are hand made, you have to expect a wait. Anyway, Dan sent me messages giving me updates on when it would ship. Five months later (a month earlier), Dolly was shipped when he said it would ship. It was refreshing not to just wait for months with no real end in sight.

When Dolly arrived, I opened the box and was surprised at all “stuff” that comes with it. Every attention to the little details was covered. The spirit cabinet was packed in a nice black canvas bag for easy transport. Dolly was packed in her coffin/storage box and I was blown away. A friend of mine was with me when I opened it and he was shocked at how spooky it looked. It was beyond what I expected. You also get a dolls house doll, spirit bell and music box.

Being a bit overwhelmed, I watched the whole DVD. It was long and covered all the details about Dolly’s operation. Dan did a great job of explaining the basics and gave lots of tips for making Dolly’s routine your own.

At first I was concerned with the price. Frankly, it is expensive. After seeing all the “stuff” that comes with it, the attention to detail and the pure craftsmanship of Dolly, I can say that it was money well spent! I am cheap, so that says a lot coming from me!

Dan teaches you how to do a whole show with Dolly, not just a routine. You get suggestions on fun things to do before Dolly gets in the cabinet. You learn how to make her move her dolls house doll (which is creepy), how to conduct a full séance using a spirit bell and music box (provided) and ideas how to incorporate a tambourine and other items (not included). You also learn how to make Dolly throw things out of the cabinet, which is very freaky!

I am so happy I ordered this and if you have the resources and want a top quality show (not just a prop), I highly recommend it! I can’t wait to try it out in the real world.

You can check it out at http://www.lebanoncircle.co.uk/
Cyberqat
View Profile
Inner circle
You can tell I work on the net from my
2209 Posts

Profile of Cyberqat
Neat concept... I hope he doesn't get sued by the guy who owns the Donny Darko franchise...
It is always darkest just before you are eaten by a grue.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Dolly Darko and the Theatre of Souls (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL