The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Preschool themes (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

francisngkl
View Profile
Special user
Singapore
509 Posts

Profile of francisngkl
All kindergarten and childcare centers have monthly themes in their curriculum. I'm just wondering if any of you been told to perform tricks that are closely related to their curriculum. Some examples of the monthly themes are:
myself, my body, my family
My neighbor, my school, my community
Occupations, transport, inventions
Four seasons, animals, nature

Thanks
Carpe Diem, Seize The Day!
wbzwolinski
View Profile
Loyal user
232 Posts

Profile of wbzwolinski
Although I offer different themed shows for my Daycare/Kindergarten shows they are, not in high demand. The only "themed" shows requested are my holiday shows i.e. Halloween and/or Christmas. Outside of those, my "fun show" is the one that they request.

Wolly
Keep it Simple...Play it BIG!!!
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8812 Posts

Profile of harris
Though I haven't done to many of these lately, I recall being asked to include themes similar to what you wrote. This also happens when I am approached by Media Literary Night Coordinators, end of the year Birthday and Books and of course summer reading themes.

My ability to add the theme to some routines seems to help. I don't necessarily adapt my entire program to fit their theme.

Harris
still green, so I can continue learning
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
francisngkl
View Profile
Special user
Singapore
509 Posts

Profile of francisngkl
I am also a childcare owner, what I am trying to do is to let the children relate the magic to something they learn in the month.
Carpe Diem, Seize The Day!
wbzwolinski
View Profile
Loyal user
232 Posts

Profile of wbzwolinski
I think that is a great idea which is why I developed several for that age group. Every year I send out my marketing info to that market with all the themed shows that I perform but it is usually the fun show that they request...which is a shame because I put a lot of thought in the themed shows and designed them specifically for that age group. Oh well, maybe its just this area.

Wolly
Keep it Simple...Play it BIG!!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Preschool themes (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL