The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Retro-Gravity Booklet by Devin Knight (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
OK- received this yesterday- went to my son's school to pick him up, but arrived early so I could sit in my car and read this book. This is very interesting. The method is definately ingenious. You may say- "what- no way!" But- Yep- it is what it is and I think it is very neat. One thing I am going to like about this levitation is that it really is pretty much fail proof. There is really nothing that can break on you. As for sound issues- for example on other Levitations, I read that there is creaking sounds when the apparatus is activated and sounds when it is de-activated. NOT with this! Sound will NOT be an issue! And if someone tries to get a quick glimpse behind you when you are levitating- for other Levi's- that would immediately expose the method- NOT with Retro-Gravity. If a spectator peaks behind you quickly, he/she will not notice anything. Is there a chance they could notice something-maybe-but VERY doubtful. Devins goes into other ways of gimmicking your shoe so that spectators can even stand directly (90 degrees) looking from the side while you are levitating and not notice ANYTHING! Also, as Devin mentioned- you can gimmick both shoes and while you are levitating, you can show the bottom of each shoe one at a time and stay levitating! This is a HUGE breakthrough in my opinion. I am not familiar with ANY other Levi's in which you can show under BOTH feet while Levitating!

As for the set-up of the shoe- NOT difficult by any means! Devin mentions that finding the right shoe may take a little time. Well, I went to K-Mart right after I got my son and WAH-LA- I found the right shoe. I say-don't worry- I think the proper shoe Devin talks about can be found relatively easy and is not some off the wall shoe. Devin states that gimmicking a shoe may take 1 hour. I think Devin is pretty much on when stating this, though, if anything, you probably can do it in less time.

For strolling/walk-around magicians- this is a dream come true! INSTANT reset- matter of fact- once you have descended, you can shoe under your shoes and levitate again IMMEDIATELY.

Devin talks about the proper way to levitate to make it look real, creating the illusion of floating higher, the issue of balance and even passing a certain object UNDER your feet while levitating! As a nice little bonus- Devin mentions the workings of His Invisible Force levitation-VERY nice!

All in all- this is DEFINATELY worth the $39.95. I am hoping to purchase a pair of shoes this weekend and gimmick them. I will post more on this when I get everything done.

Great Job Devin!
RNK

P.S. I guess I have to be careful when posting about something I really like- some members here think I have ties to certain shops/inventors when there is a product I get really excited about but FYI- I have NO ties to Devin! I just get excited when a good product comes out that is priced fairly.
Check out Bafflingbob.com
The Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
1982 Posts

Profile of The Mac
You posted this in 3 places!
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On 2011-02-10 12:18, The Mac wrote:
You posted this in 3 places!

So are ALOT of other tricks- Example- Banded- look that up and you will see that it is also in 3 places. So are many more that I can bring to your attention. Retro-Gravity is something NEW- meaning Latest and Greatest, it is a trck and effect- people want to know the good and bad about it, and it is a Booklet. So it falls into ALL those catagories! I think some people need to relax- to much time on there hands to worry about "little" things!
Check out Bafflingbob.com
The Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
1982 Posts

Profile of The Mac
So by that rationale almost every trick review should be posted under every section?Its like you're shilling the book. Your disclaimer makes it more fishy.
magic4545
View Profile
Inner circle
Jimmy Fingers
1159 Posts

Profile of magic4545
RNK does have a point.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Retro-Gravity Booklet by Devin Knight (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL