The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I'm a real boy! » » Dan Needs A Last Name (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco & Los Angeles California
3288 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
Quote:
On 2011-02-14 11:32, Servante wrote:
Oops. Forgot to sign that. Forgive me!

-Philip

You’re forgiven
Matt Thompson
View Profile
New user
Gadsden, Alabama
31 Posts

Profile of Matt Thompson
What about Dan Dillinger? It has a great ring to it: "Buzz Lawrence and Dan Dillinger". It's easy to say, too, since it avoids those pesky labials...
Mr. Pitts
View Profile
Inner circle
David Pitts
1058 Posts

Profile of Mr. Pitts
I always liked the name Dillinger.

I think you're working on it the way I would Buzz, trying them out, seeing what works with your own name, what sounds right when he says the name. Some great figures have had just one name, but I prefer a first and last name myself. I don't remember exactly why I picked Henry Little for a name, I just liked the sound of it and he looked like his name to me. I had originally planned on calling him "Rowdy Redwood" as sort of a tribute to Max Terhune's "Elmer Sneezewood", but when I finished him, that name didn't suit him.
David Pitts
The Astonishing Mr. Pitts
Comedy Magician and Ventriloquist
http://www.mrpitts.com
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
3288 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
Matt, David;

If I name Dan, Dillinger, do I have him hold a machine gun during the routine and hook him up with a moll?

Either way, Dillinger is a good name; I will work on practicing with Dan and see how I like it
CaptKirk
View Profile
Loyal user
263 Posts

Profile of CaptKirk
Buzz: have you made a decision on what Dan's last name will be yet??
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
3288 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
I am practicing in front of the camera with the names:

Duncan

DeLion

Dillinger

It is a difficult decision, when made can’t be changed; I have not made my mind up yet and I am three weeks away from my first performance.

If I have to perform in front of the kids with a last name not chosen, I feel that’s ok for now.

I am also talking to Bob and Tom about a suitable PA system in another thread and this is also on my mind; the equipment is costly and don’t want to make a mistake on that either.

Thanks for checking in with me.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I'm a real boy! » » Dan Needs A Last Name (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL