The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » EAGLE BRAND PLAYING CARDS (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

J.G. the magnificent
View Profile
Special user
Griffith Indiana
886 Posts

Profile of J.G. the magnificent
I recently bought a deck out of curiosity. The box has a big picture of an eagle on the front. I wanted to know the company and it said cartamundi. On the ace was eagle brand sinc 1765. Older than U.S. Playing Card CO I think. The flap to the box was flat unlike many of U.S.P.C.'s boxes. Anyway the eagle confused me because that does not sound english and eagle makes me think american. Anyway I am not language expert but it sounded latin. I put it in google translator and it showed the same.

I then looked at the jokers, they looked like Cadaco so I got a Cadaco deck. Looked at the jokers and I was right. The funny thing was it even had a jocker holding a giant king of hearts as in a magic deck. In looking through it though I noticed the ace had the same word only as two. It was carta mundi rather than cartamundi. I put that in and it came out charter of the world.

The eagle deck no indication of cadaco but the jokers they must be conected somehow. The finish was better than cadaco but not quality. It wasn't air flow, air cusion, or the one Bee's use, nor any other that I could think of and it did not say. The way the cards are cut is about the same as cadaco. The paper is probably between the stifness between Bicycle and Bee.

I don't think these are Jardin corperation but am curious about this deck. Just something to keep myself ocupied.
Jeremy Gates
DelMagic
View Profile
Special user
721 Posts

Profile of DelMagic
Cartamundi is a world-wide manufacturer of playing cards (and many other items) and now have a facility in Dallas, Texas. I think they may have originated in Belgium, but I'm not positive. Here is a link to the Eagle cards from the Dallas site. They have websites from various countries if you do some searching. They have many card lines and do a lot of specialty decks also.

http://www.cartamundiusa.com/Content/pro......dex.html
J.G. the magnificent
View Profile
Special user
Griffith Indiana
886 Posts

Profile of J.G. the magnificent
Thanks and I did forget to mention it had Dallas Texas on box.
Jeremy Gates
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » EAGLE BRAND PLAYING CARDS (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL