The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » SUGGESTABILITY TEST (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Quote:
On 2011-08-05 17:23, Yesmereyezed wrote:
It's ridiculoss and implies alack of hypnotic capabilities when youw need martiali arses.

Smile

Martiali Arses indeed! Sorry, I couldn't help but lol a that!
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Quote:
On 2011-02-17 20:48, bobser wrote:
Still trying and still not working. I'm even more positive now that this means I'm very very clever.

Some of you will, understandably, find this hard to believe. But on the arm push down thing (The last thing you mentioned Jon) I used to fill a bowl with pieces of paper marked either LOVE or HATE. The spec would pick one up and hold it in their hand un-opened. This means that neither of us would know if they were holding LOVE or HATE. The results showed that in or around 85% of cases they were much stronger when merely holding a piece of paper with LOVE written on it, albeit they consciously could not/should not have known that. Please try this out with friends and do let me know your findings. I think you'll be well surprised. Seriously.

I know Bernstein's "The Ritual" and have even had that done to me various times by motivational speakers, even Jack Canfield once at his seminar... (Co-Author of that "Chicken Soup For The Soul" series...)

Always thought it was a mental illusion, at least when I perform it...

But to do it FOR REAL without them or yourself knowing?

Wow... Smile

I'll have to try that out Bobser, I'll tell you how it goes yah...

Smile
Yesmereyezed
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of Yesmereyezed
Quote:
On 2011-08-05 20:53, Pakar Ilusi wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-08-05 17:23, Yesmereyezed wrote:
It's ridiculoss and implies alack of hypnotic capabilities when youw need martiali arses.

Smile

Martiali Arses indeed! Sorry, I couldn't help but lol a that!

arts, of course. I know karate too but you need psychology to dominate sujects.

anyway, what I thought was that covert street hypnosis is the opposite thing of stage hypno.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Quote:
On 2011-02-16 19:24, JonChase wrote:
I do a 'One for the money' but can't bring the card up the deck thanks to my Neuro-muscular condition stoping me doing breaks etc. So I reveal the card by spreading them face up and while they hold my rist 'read' the resistance as I point at the cards. The way I introduce this is to explain about Kenesiology and then do the finger thumb test, works like this.

Get them to make a circle with their index finger and thumb. Tell them to think of something positive in their lives and to keep the circle together while you try and pul them apart. You'll find it impossible with the average person. Now tell the to keep them together while thinking of something negative and again pul them apart only this time you'll find it very easy. Except when you are trying it with cricket bowlers, tennis players, ten pi bowlers and truck drivers. They all have fantastically strong fingers and wrists. The trick there is to use their non primary hand.

This also works if you tell them to think of something they are not sure of either way. If their fingers sty together it's positive and a yes, if thy come apart it's negative and they shouldn't do it. Think of it as a sort of warm cold reading.

f course none of these are tests for suggestibility really. But the are convincers.

Excellent, thanks.
Cyar
View Profile
Regular user
132 Posts

Profile of Cyar
Only have seen this on some videos, would muscle testing (Donna Eden) be of value in 'demonstrating the powers of the mind?'

(you hold your arm out to the side tight, when you say your real name it can't be moved down, but when you state a name that's not yours it can be easily pushed down with a finger)
I told those f***s down at the league office a thousand times that I don't roll on Shabbos!
rickhypno
View Profile
Loyal user
274 Posts

Profile of rickhypno
I use magnetic fingers in praying position, in gun position, magnetic palms and heavy/light.
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4179 Posts

Profile of bobser
Did a gig last week and watched how different people were into different things. Even had a woman who couldn't even do magnetic fingers but slipped into hypnosis a few minutes later.
Bob Burns is the creator of The Swan.
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Slapping them works too but some people complain....
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Quote:
On 2011-08-24 18:21, mindpunisher wrote:
Slapping them works too but some people complain....

Some people loved to be slapped. Even part of their act. Derren Brown for instance... Smile
niquexiv
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of niquexiv
Hi I m new here, and this is my first post.

well actually I'm a fan of derren brown and read some of his materials.
but heres my thoughts:

suggestibility test, obviously test how a person can take suggestions really well.
in one of derren brown's book, he mention something about compliance, which we often do in our social life.
we often see someone as a leader thus we get influence by him easily, or in another words prone to accept him suggestions.

same with hypnosis, when a guy perform something that no one else could explain, he stand out indefinitely.
thus putting him as the alpha in the group. in this case, people would be more acceptable to his suggestion.

what I learn during the course of reading about hypnosis is that there is a language structure.
something like pacing and leading(cant really remember).
anyway, first you hijack their awareness, say like "you are standing there, and I'm talking to you"
then you slip in a suggestion like "you will notice your hand becoming more relax" or what derren brown mention as "presupposition".

here you are guiding the person through their present experiences and then suggest to the person the supposed experience, thus if the person is suggestible, he will soon comply to what you say.

I would like to share something also which is called ideomotor, it often happens in scenarios like ouija board, people who participate in this "paranormal" activities often claims they did not move the cup to the letters but in fact, when we take in suggestion or when we know about something, there is a subtle muscle movement that guide us there.

ideomotor also create a very good effect and sometimes people think that you have really hypnotize them but in fact you don't need to.
one way of doing this is to ask a person close his eyes, using pacing and leading and telling him there will be a force so strong that it will make him fall backward.

another way is to tell the person your fist is a magnet and when they put their hands at the side of your fist, their hands would move closer to it.
ideomotor will work when your subject really believe in what you say, in another words, accepting your suggestions.

these are some ideas I sum up from reading books but have never really perform them yet, so things I mention here might not be too accurate.
but at least it gives you some rough ideas.

I do have a routine to try out to test the suggestibility of my friends though.
and one final notes is that when people are confused or bewildered or cant explain what is going on, they are very prone to suggestions

anyway sorry for my bad english and this long post.
I hope this helps XD.

Cheers,
Nique
Anthony Jacquin
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2220 Posts

Profile of Anthony Jacquin
Cheers Nique. Nice range of interests. Social psychology, evolutionary psychology and the ideomotor effect. Understanding each will aid you in the use of suggestion, no doubt.

Anthony
Anthony Jacquin

Reality is Plastic! The Art of Impromptu Hypnosis
Updated for 2016

Now on Kindle and Audible!
Jonathan100
View Profile
Loyal user
292 Posts

Profile of Jonathan100
Lee Earle also as this type of effect in his book, MIND.

Sincerely yours,

Jonathan
II n1nja II
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of II n1nja II
Just ordered the Manchurian Approach... I haven't been this excited for new knowledge in a long time! I can't thank you enough Anthony for the incredible work you've done in this field.
SubconsciousSymbols
View Profile
Loyal user
Bristol, UK
250 Posts

Profile of SubconsciousSymbols
I can tell you you're in for a treat ninja! Anthony's teaching style is wonderful and the way that the dvd's are filmed is excellent. You will love watching the guy that Ant has with him for most of the dvd (can't remember his name) he is an excellent subject and the hallucination section had me (and Ant at one point) rolling with laughter.
In all seriousness though the dvd is excellent, I couldn't stop watching it and spent the whole afternoon digesting the info there.

@Ant I have started to save already for the course in Amsterdam In April so if I don't meet you before I will see you there. Thanks for introducing me to hypnosis, I feel it's the start of a wonderful journey.

Cheers, Asher
'The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious'
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4179 Posts

Profile of bobser
Just thought I'd throw this in:
If I want to use the hand clasp with interlocked fingers as a convincer I might do just that, with the traditional 'fingers through fingers'. However, if I don't want to bugger about and REALLY want to know if the patient is truly moving from trance to hypnosis I'll get them to do a hand-clasp, like they were actually clapping their hands with the fingers simply 'folded' over the edges of the hand. That way I'm excluding the physiological.
Bob Burns is the creator of The Swan.
Anthony Jacquin
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2220 Posts

Profile of Anthony Jacquin
Thanks Ninja.

SS see you The Dam.

Anthony
Anthony Jacquin

Reality is Plastic! The Art of Impromptu Hypnosis
Updated for 2016

Now on Kindle and Audible!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » SUGGESTABILITY TEST (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL