The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » A Lifetime of Magic - Charles Gauci (Book) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jean-Luc.R.
View Profile
Inner circle
QUEBEC - CANADA
1488 Posts

Profile of Jean-Luc.R.
Seems great but very expensive.

David Berglas book with 400 pages is like $125 us and will be 400 pages 3 DVDs, 3D glasses etc.

Mr Gauci book is 222 pages ans is priced $200 !!!!

I really do not understand how they decide about book price.

Bulletproof from Andy Nyman is $250...

Really confusing!!!

A Lifetime of Magic - Charles Gauci (Book) PREORDER-NOT OUT YET

$199.00

This is a "Pre-Order" announcement: Order BY April 1st 2011 and get FREE SHIPPING Worldwide! (No April Fools Joke - really!)

http://www.stevensmagic.com/index.php?ma......d=112611

Make no mistake, this book has the perfect title - A Lifetime of Magic is a life's work composed by one of magic's most innovative thinkers and equally brilliant performers. Charles products have sold in the thousands! Why? They are practical, powerful magic that in most cases are easy to perform allowing them to become reputation makers. For years magicians worldwide were only to happy to get his products, but now you will not only be tipped to how to make some of these great effects, you will have equally powerful benefit of Charles years of experience as a worker! Charles is one of the best teachers in magic and this is going to be a must have for anyone interested in Magic.

Charles Gauci reveals his most cherished secrets that have enabled him to make a very good living from entertaining for over 50 years. He has created some of the most practical, commercial magical effects which have sold all over the world and are used by top professionals everywhere.

There are a total of thirteen stage effects which he performs in his "Magic of the Mind" and "Mysteries of the Mind" shows. There are no pipe dreams here but killer routines that are reputation makers. There is enough material to perform two forty-five minute shows ranging from a small intimate audience up to one thousand people.

Both of his shows fit into a carry-on case enabling him to travel everywhere without worrying about lost luggage.

Charles practices what he preaches. With the exception of his memorized deck system, you will be able to perform all of the effects within minutes of reading the instructions. His creations rely on clever subtleties rather than sleight of hand. This enables him to concentrate on presentation.

There's no padding in this book. The 222 pages are packed with original effects, some of which have never been published before. There are also links to private YouTube video clips of various performances. It is a huge advantage to be able to see how certain effects are performed in front of a lay audience.

In total there are thirty-six effects ranging from stage, close-up, roving.

* C.G. Switch Box. This simple yet familiar to all cardboard gift box is cleverly gimmicked to enable you to switch cards or envelopes. Perfect for a Q & A routine.
* Marked Deck System. Can you imagine the killer effects you can create with a deck of marked cards that you can read two meters away? Couple this with a memorized deck system and you have one of the most powerful tools any mentalist can have.
* At the Races is another very commercial effect suitable for corporate performances. Great to use at trade shows to draw a crowd to your stand.
* Rain Man. Perform this incredibly easy memory routine to one person or a thousand. This is a reputation maker and you will perform it within minutes with no complicated memory required.
* Perfect Prediction is exactly that. A diabolical routine that kills!
* New Super Sudoku will make you look like a genius.

Further details:

* Stage Mental Effects 13 Effects

* Tools of the Trade 3 Effects

* Miscellaneous Favourite Effects 8 Effects

* Memory Routines for Stage & Close-up 3 Effects

* Card Mysteries 11 Effects

I can look you straight in the eye and say that for any professional/semi professional mentalist this book is a must have in one's library. It has been priced to keep it out of the hands of the curious. Stevens Magic Emporium are the only distributors. No other dealer will be involved. This way we can control distribution to a certain extent.Charles Gauci is recognized by his peers as one of the most creative minds in magic.

Additional Details and Biography of Charles Gauci

In 2010 he was presented with the Dave Lederman Memorial Award for "Creativity in Mentalism" at the prestigous Psychic Entertainers Association convention.

Turning professional at sixteen years of age, Charles very quickly realized that to succeed in this tough entertainment business his act had to be different. Consequently, he began to create new and original routines.

"A Lifetime of Magic" is a treasure trove of thirty-six of his favourite effects from his two professional shows,"Magic of the Mind"and "Mysteries of the Mind." They include instructions of how to build seven of his top selling commercial effects thus saving you hundreds of dollars.

This book is aimed at the professional/semi professional entertainers. The material is well tried and tested over thousands of performances. You also have access to performance video clips on privateYouTube.

It is often said that if you get one item out of a book, then the investment has been worthwhile.

We think that gems such as the C.G.Switch Box, Card Marking System, and his various reputation makers Memory Routines alone are worth the price of the book. Included is his new methodology for performing his best selling "Eye to Eye"

This book is a must have for any serious mentalist/magician.

Manufacturing Rights: Readers are free to make up items from this book for their private use. However, it should be noted that commercial manufacturing and selling rights are strictly reserved and remain the property of Charles Gauci. Anyone interested in purchasing the said rights should contact me at charlesg@ozemail.com.au
edh
View Profile
Inner circle
4698 Posts

Profile of edh
Hmmm...priced to keep out of the hands of the "curious"...and apparently the "not so curious". Smile
Magic is a vanishing art.
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2720 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
When one makes their living (a good living) with magic, it's not going to be cheap.
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
chmara
View Profile
Inner circle
Tucson, AZ
1911 Posts

Profile of chmara
I am very happy Joe and Charles agreed on a price to keep away the curious. Quality material that is performance/performer specific should not be cheap or "regular" magicians will start using it and complaining that it does not work right, it is too subtle, too hard, or doesn't draw attention to them.

I just wish I had the income to acquire this --- but Social Security is neither social, nor secure with this house of reps.
Gregg (C. H. Mara) Chmara

Commercial Operations, LLC

Tucson, AZ

C. H. Mara Illusion & Psychic Entertainments
Gerry Hennessey
View Profile
Special user
852 Posts

Profile of Gerry Hennessey
What a great phrase "It has been priced to keep it out of the hands of the curious".
By nature as performers, aren't we all curious? Maybe there are prudent business people who also happen to be mentalists, who believe that $200 for 222 pages is a great deal of money.

Phrases like the above presume value. However, too many times the disappointed buyer is left to "self rationalize" just why they paid a huge amount for a little information.

No doubt the above book in this thread is outstanding. However, is is more outstanding than many others that sell for a fraction?

When Mind Myth & Magic, Psycholgical Subtleties, all of the brilliant work written by Mr. Cassidy and others can be bought for $50-60 dollars, it boggles the mind why some performers believe that we as mentalists are so hungry for information, that we will happily pay whatever is asked for the next great tome on the subject.

Let not us the "merely curious" be also regarded as the "merely gullible".

Gerry
"Every discipline effects every other discipline. You can't straighten out the corporation if your closet is a mess" Jim Rohn
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
3009 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
Pardon the ignorance, but is Gauci's material as amazing as the adverts boast? If so, $199 sounds reasonable.

Not too keen on the fact that the demo videos are posted on private YouTube sites, though. That means that eventually they will be unavailable. For this price, a DVD (or two) would be nice.

But back to the main point - is Gauci's material everything that is claimed in the adverts (again, apologize for the ignorance)?
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
PsiDroid
View Profile
Inner circle
2164 Posts

Profile of PsiDroid
No. at best some of his effects with a sistebbins or with the pill in your ear were just ok

would never compare price with mr.Berglas book: if I did Gauci had not a single chance to win
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
3009 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
Thanks.
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2720 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Quote:
On 2011-03-24 19:23, PsiDroid wrote:
No. at best some of his effects with a sistebbins or with the pill in your ear were just ok

would never compare price with mr.Berglas book: if I did Gauci had not a single chance to win

Charles has more workable magic. A pill in the ear, what about a tip on the thumb. Its all about what you do with it. Just got my book today and worth every penny.

Steve
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
I am looking for Gauci's eye-to-eye effect. It is no longer sold. Is it described in the book?
KJ
Develin
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of Develin
Quote:
On 2013-10-15 18:14, 1KJ wrote:
I am looking for Gauci's eye-to-eye effect. It is no longer sold. Is it described in the book?
KJ

Yea it is.
Theo
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of Theo
I can't find a full review of Charles Gauci's book. Does anyone know of a review?

Theo
Tim Cavendish
View Profile
Inner circle
1406 Posts

Profile of Tim Cavendish
Genii, Dec 2011, pp. 93-4.
IMAGINACIAN
View Profile
Special user
In Your Thots
558 Posts

Profile of IMAGINACIAN
Charles Gauci is a fantastic performer and a fantastic creator. Period. I was fortunate to see his live performance and he simply killed the audience with his brilliance. IMHO, he is also one of the most knocked off magic creators. His over 75 years of distilled wisdom is extremely rare and so valuable, I think.

By the way I own both his lifetime of magic (it is $150 on SME) and penguin lecture. Both were great investments for me. It is good for me if fewer people owned them.

You can find many magic and mentalism poster boys without one fifth or even one tenth of his experience hyping and peddling their wares for fancy prices all over the Café and the net.

In the over one year I have owned his Lifetime of Magic, I think I have earned many many times over my investment of $150. I am saying this on hindsight of course. It is packed with some amazing principles, routines and very commercial creative thinking and insights. Later, time permitting, I may do a detailed review, let me suffice to say that no serious mentalist should miss this. Again, this may not be for an absolute beginner in mentalism - not from the difficulty angle but from the maturity angle.
There is no better freedom than choice and no better choice than freedom.
JoelDickinson
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1581 Posts

Profile of JoelDickinson
I have to say Charles Gauci's lecture was the most memorable lecture I've seen. That was fifteen years ago. As a performer, lecturer and as a creator he was brilliant.

Joel.
Theo
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of Theo
Good enough for me. Thanks all.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » A Lifetime of Magic - Charles Gauci (Book) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL