The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Why Bunny rabbits? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco & Los Angeles California
3288 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
Quote:
On 2011-04-17 23:23, Cyberqat wrote:
If you have a good local pet store that knows rabbits, you might want to talk to them about cross promotion. After all the family will need more food and other supplies down the line.You can recommend them and maybe give a shop flyer when you give away the rabbit, in return they can advertise your act and maybe you can put a flyer in their shop Smile

That’s a great idea; the rabbits are coming from my factory… I own the breeding rabbits, an experienced breeder is going to take care of the mechanics of producing baby rabbits; he tells me it’s a magic trick producing them.

I am going to try to find a store that will advertise my act in exchange for the flyer being handed out at the party, even if they don’t get the rabbit sale, the family still needs supplies.

Thanks for the idea

Buzz
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
3288 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
I did my first show yesterday using a rabbit; actually two rabbits, but showed them one at a time, when I produced the rabbit the kids went nuts, all they wanted to do is play with the rabbit.

I think I am going to concentrate on performing tricks that use plastic or cloth rabbits to make attempts to convert the phony rabbit to a real rabbit; maybe have the kids click heels to build the anticipation of the surprise of a real rabbit.

Any suggestions on props or patter?

Buzz
Cyberqat
View Profile
Inner circle
You can tell I work on the net from my
2209 Posts

Profile of Cyberqat
Sounds great! My wife suggests that you might also want to provide the new bunny parents with a reference to a good bunny vet incase they ever need one.
I'd assume you probably already have one you like?
It is always darkest just before you are eaten by a grue.
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
3288 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
To use a rabbit in my routine, it is mandatory that I apply for a USDA permit; the permit requires that the rabbit receive a physical every year and a Vet is required to oversee the health of the rabbit.

A private person owning a rabbit has no requirements whatsoever

San Francisco is so large and has so many animals that a vet services is every two square miles, my vet is 40 miles out of San Francisco, near where I live.

Every rabbit I sell will at least receive my Vets name, just in case; it is not easy to find a vet in the city that knows rabbits.

Thank your wife for thinking about the health of my rabbit and every rabbit I sell.
Leland
View Profile
Inner circle
St Louis
1180 Posts

Profile of Leland
Better bunnies than snakes...!
Life of Magic!
MagicalMotivator
View Profile
Veteran user
310 Posts

Profile of MagicalMotivator
One of the most entertaining versions of the rabbit from a hat history is from Will Ayling (magician, author, MIMC) - if you go to this link you can read the story which was one of the topics of one of my old newsletters from 2007 - it also includes some follow up on using "magic as a business message" from this tale (pardon the pun)- in any event the newsletter is one of my early versions so many of the follow up links may not still work - but the story is there:

http://home.ezezine.com/842_2/842_2-2007......ive.html

MM
Rick Rossini The Magical Motivator
www.rossinimagic.com
www.magicalmotivator.com
Bondy
View Profile
Regular user
124 Posts

Profile of Bondy
Rabbits stay more still in small spaces
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
3288 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
My rabbits prefer the small spaces of the tricks; both of them will jump into the props when they see them.
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4571 Posts

Profile of Payne
Quote:
On 2011-04-18 21:54, MagicalMotivator wrote:
One of the most entertaining versions of the rabbit from a hat history is from Will Ayling (magician, author, MIMC) - if you go to this link you can read the story which was one of the topics of one of my old newsletters from 2007 - it also includes some follow up on using "magic as a business message" from this tale (pardon the pun)- in any event the newsletter is one of my early versions so many of the follow up links may not still work - but the story is there:

http://home.ezezine.com/842_2/842_2-2007......ive.html

MM

This article is more or less accurate. Wikipedia has a more detailed account of the Mary toft hoax

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Toft
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
igr8mgkman
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of igr8mgkman
Rabbits are a magnet for people because they are the cutest critter for shows. plus rabbits are quiet they don't make a lot of noise thus easy to hide.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Why Bunny rabbits? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL