The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I'm a real boy! » » International Ventriloquists’ Association (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
kidshowvent
View Profile
Elite user
410 Posts

Profile of kidshowvent
Thanks, Buzz, for the support for me and the Vent Haven ConVENTion. I really think Steve was being "tongue in cheek" and just jibing you a bit (at least I hope that was his intent Smile ) We have read your posts and you seem to be vastly interested in vent and wanting to learn...and that's great! I'd love for you to come to the ConVENTion to see what we are all about, then we can talk about helping. I just want you to get a "feel" for Vent Haven and what we do. And you will..when you attend!

Mark
markwade@kidshowvent.com
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco & Los Angeles California
3288 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
Mark;

I’m know that Steve was joking; he had told me so in a PM.

The frustration stems from its ambiguous interpretation, I have looked at the count of the thread; it increases.

People that don’t know me read it and think I am posting here and I don’t care about the biggest event in Ventriloquism, the Venthaven ConVENTion.

I have not angry with Steve; I am frustrated with the false impression and misconception of my intentions and dedication projected by the post.

I posted a reply to set the record straight; not to attack

Mark, thanks for your support
tacrowl
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
1633 Posts

Profile of tacrowl
Buzz,
Glad you forgave Steve - although you may want to keep him on the hook to see if you can get one of JET's incredible puppets at a discount...

It is very obvious that you love Vent. I'm sure that everyone on here would love for you to attend the conVENTion. So please, change your schedule and make it so! Its a great experience, you will learn a lot to improve faster and you will become family! Hope to meet you then!
Tom
Tom Crowl - Comedy Ventriloquist

ComedyVentriloquist.com

Learn-Ventriloquism.com

Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco & Los Angeles California
3288 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
Great idea, get a puppet……

I think you should suggest that to him…much better coming from you….
Steve at The Dummy Shoppe
View Profile
Elite user
479 Posts

Profile of Steve at The Dummy Shoppe
Quote:
On 2011-02-25 11:37, Steve at The Dummy Shoppe wrote:
Buzz,

I don't think you really care about the ConVENTion. I think you just want a "Submit Reply" button!!!

Steve
http://www.thedummyshoppe.com

Now instead of leaping off tall buildings in mistakenly drawn conclusions, what I meant was strickly in jest. If you will recall, Tom has volunteered to have a group of "Submit Reply" buttons made for the Café (Re)Union attendee's at the ConVENTion. This post was strickly a humorous jab, poking light hearted fun at the idea that you (like most everybody else) would spend somewhere between $1,500.00 and $2,000.00, fly or drive 2/3 of the way across the Country to attend the biggest eVENT of the year, not really for the ConVENTion, but for one of Tom's $.69 (or thereabouts) "Submit Reply" buttons.

As I said in my reply to your PM, I did not mean to "insult" you in a public forum, nor did I expect the responses that this generated in a public forum. I will again apologize to you publicly if you misunderstood what I was saying.

Now can we please get back to the business of lighthearted fun and jesting while we all gain more knowledge of the art of ventriloquism?

I have been out of the office all day on other business, and I was going to try to explain further by PM, but I felt like I had no choice but to explain this in this forum since it has been handled this way, because I don't want the reputation for insulting folks when my intention was only to pick and play.

Steve
http://www.thedummyshoppe.com
Dickens & Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
North Central Florida
1813 Posts

Profile of Dickens & Dave
Quote:
On 2011-02-27 00:13, Steve at The Dummy Shoppe wrote:
what I meant was strickly in jest.

That was obvious.
http://dickensndave.bravehost.com/index.html

"Oh that I had wings like a dove! for then would I fly away, and be at rest."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I'm a real boy! » » International Ventriloquists’ Association (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL