The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » No reason other than boredom... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Gavin W
View Profile
New user
UK
68 Posts

Profile of Gavin W
Everyone should check out IAN's card spinning method, it's one of the best methods I've found, took me a couple of days to get the hang of it (maybe 4/5), but so easy to do with either hand and both under and over arm.

Although, I was cursing 'Ian' after the first couple of hours with no luck, AAAAaaaggghhh, I just couldn't leave the house till I'd got it. Smile (soz Ian)

BTW: Also love the spin change and single card vanish/production.

And after a few drink's why not enjoy a brutal card-spinning-fight with friend's. Smile

^^^ Smile

Gav
sclitsome
View Profile
New user
Jamaica's Alright
47 Posts

Profile of sclitsome
I love to do the move where the card spins on your middle finger Smile
luvisi
View Profile
Special user
601 Posts

Profile of luvisi
Passes, side steals, and riffle shuffles. Sometimes whatever move I'm working on learning at the moment.

Andru
http://www.practicenotincluded.com/
Damion Corbett
View Profile
Regular user
115 Posts

Profile of Damion Corbett
I'm always practicing a colour change I came up with a while back called The Wave.
Hand is shown empty and waved back and forth over the face card, which suddenly changes.
I never really use this in performance simply
because there is a slight angle problem.

Once I've mastered it, I will probably use it as a nice alternative to the Erdnase Colour Change.
Steve Friedberg
View Profile
Inner circle
1402 Posts

Profile of Steve Friedberg
Wow...I'm not nearly as accomplished as many of my brethren here, but I have two simple moves that I enjoy playing with...

First, is Shapeshifter. The "snap" of the cards is what gets me. (It's an audio-visual treat.)

Secondly is a kick cut false cut. Darn, I know what I'm doing and it still looks all too real to me!
Cheers,
Steve

"A trick does not fool the eyes, but fools the brain." -- John Mulholland
Geoff Williams
View Profile
Special user
St. Pete Beach, FL
617 Posts

Profile of Geoff Williams
I noodle around with a couple of Jerry Andrus moves in my spare time. Too bad Jerry doesn't name a lot of his stuff or this would be easier. These might even have names; I just don't know what they are:

1) swiveling a card out of the center of the deck and onto the top using the RH thumb and LH base of thumb.

2) Tenkai palm vanish a card and then balancing it against the chest to make the RH look empty. Regain the Tenkai palm and then produce the card at the fingertips.
"Saját légpárnás tele van angolnák."

(Hungarian for "My hovercraft is full of eels")
David Fogel
View Profile
New user
Minneapolis, Minnesota
87 Posts

Profile of David Fogel
I practice doing the classic pass and the push-through false shuffle. I also practice my faro shuffle, if the deck is in good shape.
davidfogel@attbi.com

"I'm not a praying man, but if you're up there, Please save me Superman!"

Homer J. Simpson
Tricky
View Profile
Regular user
108 Posts

Profile of Tricky
I love the perfect production, the thumb shot the pinky shot, the Biddle move, Elmsly count, loads of stuff really.
James
amshake
View Profile
Regular user
164 Posts

Profile of amshake
I can't even remember what it's called... I think it's called the Steranko reverse... where you reverse a card on the bottom of the deck while shuffling... I do it constantly... or I am playing with backpalming singles and packs to produce fans
Magic Geek
CWilcox
View Profile
New user
California
70 Posts

Profile of CWilcox
On the two Andrus moves mentioned by Geoff Williams:

#1 sounds like the Panoramic Shift, which was detailed in Jerry's books in the 70's.

I hadn't heard that #2 was an Andrus idea. I first encountered it on pages 152-153 of Kaufman's 1979 "Cardmagic" book.

Any better references, anybody?

As for moves I toy with, palms, passes, the Elias "Jumping Card", and that darned springset move come immediately to mind.

Chris
Giles
View Profile
Regular user
101 Posts

Profile of Giles
If I have a surface I can spend hours false shuffling(push through). Whilst watching T.V I do a colour change move I learnt from Dan Garrett (don't Know its name). I've not used it in public performance, purely for my own enjoyment.

Giles
Tom Wolf
View Profile
Special user
Harrison, Ohio
580 Posts

Profile of Tom Wolf
My favorite is my own.

It is an incredible visual card change done one handed.

The top card of the deck face up and the deck is held in your right hand. The hand does a magical wave and the card instantly changes to a different card such as the spectators.

I have a lot of variations to this move.

Best to you all.
The magic director and performer at the Rincon Gaucho supper club in Mexico City,

We opened the first and only close-up room for magic in Mexico with Wolf Ruvinskis.
have several new coin vanishes and routines to share shortly just as soon as I can find someone to film them for me.

Now living in Harrison, Ohio
Rcitgo
View Profile
Special user
Emporia,Va.
738 Posts

Profile of Rcitgo
I can't resist doing the Hermann pass, armspread with the turnover and catch. i also constantly do the Kelly bottom placement.I think they also call this the Ovette master move. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » No reason other than boredom... (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL