The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Lance Burton Special » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Andy Charlton
View Profile
Veteran user
Palma Nova Mallorca Spain
311 Posts

Profile of Andy Charlton
hiya.

We had the Lance Burton "On the Road" special on TV over here at the weekend. Good Show.

Anyone know who was playing the part of "the Professor" in the magic castle shots?

Cheers

Andy
"Keep that smile on your face, that excitement in your eyes." - Don Driver

Check out www.andyandjeansbigadventure.com
or
www.andysmagic.com
David Todd
View Profile
Inner circle
2328 Posts

Profile of David Todd
I missed the special when it aired here in the States, but hope to catch it on a repeat.

I believe that I read in MAGIC magazine that John Thompson (The Great Tomsoni & Co) plays the part of The Professor.
Sean Wisdom
View Profile
New user
Belfast, Ireland
40 Posts

Profile of Sean Wisdom
I thought Burton was brilliant and was totally baffled by the beach levitation. He put Ali Landry on a board supported by 2 step ladders, then removed the step ladders to leave her suspended and put a hoop round her. It was brilliant.

That 18 year old apprentice guy was pretty woeful. He closed the CD box by tilting it a little and waited on an applause. You could see clearly everything he was doing, and the applause he got was the sort of stuttered applause the audience does when they haven't seen anything particularly amazing.

You could see clearly where he was taking all the cd's from and that one where he pulled the hankey out of his pocket tied round the cd... was that supposed to be a trick?

Then, he ended by just pulling 4 big cd's from behind his back. I actually thought he was producing 4 till he pushed them back quickly and made it look like 2, then spread them. That ending had no real point at all.

To be on the same stage show as Lance Burton, I expected something special, but I was sadly disappointed.

But, as for Burton himself, I thought he was fantastic. Smile Smile
Sean Wisdom
Magicbunny.co.uk - Serious Magic - Competitions, Special guests and online discounted store
GothicBen
View Profile
Veteran user
England
353 Posts

Profile of GothicBen
I agree about the young magician. You've got to have some sympathy, though. He's probably not had much experience, so you can't expect him to be a virtuoso or as polished as Lance and co.
Darren Kidby
View Profile
Loyal user
UK
291 Posts

Profile of Darren Kidby
I thought the show was very entertaining,
I just wish I went to see him live, when I was in Vegas.

Oh well, there is always next year...
thimblerig
View Profile
Loyal user
Bellevue, WA
273 Posts

Profile of thimblerig
His live show in Vegas is excellent and I recommend it highly. His interaction with the audience, especially kids, is wonderful. Beautiful downstage open vanish of his assistant which fooled me badly and we had great seats. If anyone knows the name of the vanish please post a reply.
Cordially,
tr
Smile
Bradley Morgan
View Profile
Special user
702 Posts

Profile of Bradley Morgan
To Sean
I thought He did a real good job, and I would be proud to do that routine. Remember that he could and most likely has never been on TV before. I am not trying to sound like a grump or something I am just telling you what I think.
:wavey: Smile Smile
"I do not know with what weapons World War 3 will be fought, but World War 4 will be fought with sticks and stones." - Einstein
kellser121
View Profile
New user
UK
42 Posts

Profile of kellser121
I thought the youngster on there with the CD's was actually a very nice idea for a trick. Ok, granted, his presentation was amazing, however, as other people have said it was probably his first time on tv, give him a chance!
Andy
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Lance Burton Special » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL