The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Homedepot... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Mike Maturen
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan's Beautiful Sunrise Side
2726 Posts

Profile of Mike Maturen
Quote:
On 2011-05-18 20:00, Bob Sanders wrote:
My Home Depot no longer has anything except the aluminum briefcase. For the longest it also had them in black and red. Is that still true at any of their other stores?

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander

Bob,

Haven't been to the Depot in a while...but you might want to look on their website. Quite often you can find things that might not have sold well in your region, but are still available other places. Just a thought.
Mike Maturen
World of Wonder Entertainment
The Magic and Mayhem of Mike Maturen
989-335-1661
mikematuren@gmail.com

AUTHOR OF "A NEW DAWN--Weekly Wisdom From Everyday Life"

member: International Magician's Society
Snidini
View Profile
Special user
776 Posts

Profile of Snidini
I have a couple of intrument cases that have been converted to carrying some of my stuff. They work well and have the velvet lining in them to protect the cups and other metal items that may be contained in them. They also lock. I have converted sax and trumpet cases for friends and they seem to work the best. A flute case is a little small but I did see a nifty harmonica case at Guitar Center recently that would make the perfect and ideal size case for smaller items such as coins and such. Check it out.
Dr_J_Ayala
View Profile
Inner circle
In search of Vlad Dracul and his
2169 Posts

Profile of Dr_J_Ayala
For storage of my effects when I am not working, I use plastic tool boxes with a removable top try that I got from Lowes for $8.00 each. They are huge and they work great, and they are extremely durable for the price.

When I am working in more formal restaurants and venues, I do not carry the case holding my props from table to table but I keep my things in a case that I modified, which was the case to a poker playing set. I removed the poker stuff and lined the entire inside with a plush black velvet lining, sewed two black elastic straps into the underside of the lid to hold various items and I also made a few velvet-covered dividers for the bottom section of the case, which can be added as needed or removed completely. I also had Pattrick Przysiecki make me a custom-cut close-up mat (easy, since I lived about 10 miles away from him at the time) that would cover the top of the case for when I do use it tableside, and would also fit inside for easy storage/transportation.
The case is well made and I did purposefully purchase the poker set just for the case, which was only $20.00. It has thick, matte-finish aluminum covering with nickel plated edge liners and corner protectors and it closes with clasps. Total investment with all modifications including the custom 10"x7" mat: about $30 dollars.

@ Mike Maturen: How close is Harrisville to Frankenmuth? I noticed you are within the same area code. I currently live in Wyandotte and we come up to Frankenmuth once a month. I would love to see one of your shows sometime!
kennewhitson
View Profile
New user
Kansas
69 Posts

Profile of kennewhitson
I ahve a guitar case that I picked up for cheap at a pawn shop that I converted to hold props. It's just fun to carry it in.
Dr_J_Ayala
View Profile
Inner circle
In search of Vlad Dracul and his
2169 Posts

Profile of Dr_J_Ayala
Quote:
On 2011-07-21 15:57, kennewhitson wrote:
I ahve a guitar case that I picked up for cheap at a pawn shop that I converted to hold props. It's just fun to carry it in.

Great idea!

Lol, I just had a thought: It would be hilarious to walk up/in to your next performance with this giant guitar case in tow. Set it down and open it up to reveal...a deck of cards.
rklew64
View Profile
Inner circle
1265 Posts

Profile of rklew64
That is a brilliant idea kennewhitson! So for smaller gigs, use a violin case. Great inspiration.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Homedepot... (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL