The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Imagine by G - SM Productions (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Ian K
View Profile
New user
Hampshire UK
8 Posts

Profile of Ian K
I have recently been performing this effect in restaurants and can confirm the "WTF" response. I don't follow the "thinking of a card" scenario. To me, the effct is a card change in a spectator's hand. Now that is strong.
martydoesmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex, UK
1670 Posts

Profile of martydoesmagic
Sounds like this effect would work very well with Ben Harris' 'Silent Running' principle and a pocket index. This would allow you to perform the effect without using a deck.

Marty
j100taylor
View Profile
Inner circle
1198 Posts

Profile of j100taylor
Quoting myself from another thread on worst dvd...
Quote:
The "Corner Project" by G.

After wasting $60 on that I vowed never to by anything from by him again. However, after watching a Wizard Product Review on "Imagine by G" raving about what a worker it was and how subtle the method etc. I bought that one too. Although it was OK it was nothing special and now I am double vowing never to buy anything by him again...

Imagine doesn't live up to it's promo - to me it's not subtle, just a brute force method to accomplish effect. Not worth the $30 for this one effect.
Lakewood, Ohio
Flavio Algarve
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of Flavio Algarve
Hello guys,

I really love Imagine and use it all the time, but there's something about it I think ruins the effect sometimes, at least happened to me several times even when performing it right.

I'm gonna try to explain without any exposure, be free to delete this post if so.

When the spectators open the hands and see their card printed on the blank card, they always have a WTF moment, which is awesome! BUT if I give the card to them right away as a souvenir, sometimes they start to reverse engineering by folding the card again by the creases, and they understand I may have switched the blank card at some point by watching the card with their signature folded again.. By this time they are only impressed how I knew what card they would choose..

When I saw this happens several times, I stop performing it for a while. Then I had an idea that worked perfect to eliminate this possibility. I decided to combine Imagine with a Billet Tear mind reading effect that I really like from "Modern Mentalism VOL 2 by Matt Mello". I use their card as a billet for them to write something and then rip the card in pieces to perform the mind reading and most important to DESTROY THE CARD!!

I don't know if the same thing happened to some of you, is yes, then this is a solution that works very well for me. As a transition from effects I always say something like " WOW, you have a pretty good imagination!! Probably I can try something with you way more difficult. I want you to think of any person you really like!....."

Hope you like this idea Smile

Cheers,

Flavio Algarve
Rus ANDREWS
View Profile
Inner circle
1451 Posts

Profile of Rus ANDREWS
Hi Flavio

Just a quick thing, I use imagine in a slightly different way but to get over the reverse engineer part you mention just add an extra fold line...

It will solve the problem

best

R
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Imagine by G - SM Productions (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL