The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Close- up Table That Tilts (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Corbett
View Profile
Inner circle
Indiana
1161 Posts

Profile of Corbett
Do any of you have experience with building a close up table that can also be tilted a bit toward the audience, so
that tabled routines can be seen more easily?
AGMagic
View Profile
Special user
Cailf.
775 Posts

Profile of AGMagic
I needed one for a one time gig and knew I would probably not use it again. I attached the base of my PanaVise to a piece of 3/4" plywood covered with felt. Then I clamped the part of the vise base that holds the jaw head to a microphone stand. The set up allowed me to adjust the height of the table as well as tilt it to any angle. It worked well and I kept the board in case I ever need it again. The PanaVise base is currently back in the garage.
Tim Silver - http://www.facebook.com/pages/Magic-Woodshop/122578214436546

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Visualize Whirled Peas!
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
I have not built one, but an interesting design I saw once had a top that was actually two layers hinged at the front edge so the rear edge could be raised. A support piece, hinged between the layers was used to keep the back end elevated. As I recall, it was not adjustable other than the two settings, flat and tilted.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
teedpop
View Profile
New user
Check out my
91 Posts

Profile of teedpop
I've heard of using a music stand. (The kind that holds the papers)
but, have never actually tried it.

-Teedpop
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Close- up Table That Tilts (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL