The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Brick Pass (Money Back Guarantee) Download (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Ben Train
View Profile
Inner circle
Erdnase never had
4639 Posts

Profile of Ben Train
Just picked up my copy of the Brick Pass + Turnover Pass DVD. Here's some thoughts.

The first thing you notice is how well the thing is produced. I actually got giddy when I opened the case (which, when you get it, will show you how big a nerd I am). Really really cool.

As far as the content goes, Alex goes into incredible detail explaining the mechanics that make his shift work. Not everything I agree with, such as his belief that the turning of the body to hide the shift is a problem, but much of what he says I think is dead on. There were even some things I didn't know that made me glad I grabbed this DVD.

If you like the shift you see him do on the demo, you'll love what he does on the DVD.

Great job Alex!
Ben
If you're reading this you're my favourite magician.

Check out www.TorontoMagicCompany.com for upcoming shows, and instagram.com/train.ben for god knows what!
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4748 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Great instruction. Tip on getting a smooth break was really good. Ive never tried to learn the pass until now and I'm already off to a great start because of this vid.
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
I'm with Ben on getting giddy when opening it. There's an awesome treat for geeks in there.
"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
So, I finally found the time to get past the cover, so little free time with a new baby, though, is 5 months still "new?"

Any who, so, the first thing I noticed is production quality and style. Crisp, clean, sharp, classy but modern, if that makes sense, lol.

The dvd contains the brick pass, the turnover pass, and the teaser/trailer, which is a quirky video of Alex walking through Central Park, carrying a brick, finishing with a quick shot of the pass. Made me chuckle.

The teaching itself is clear and concise, with plenty of over the shoulder shots.
Alex goes through every detail, from how to have a card replaced, and how to get the break from the spread with out tells, to how to minimize/eliminate and adjusting of your grip from when you square up the spread to when you execute the pass.

Not only does he cover numerous tips and nuances on how to improve your pass, but also how and when to frame the move.

All and all, it's an ok product Smile
Seriously though, if you do the pass, get this, if you don't, but want to, get something like Kaufman on the pass, which I believe (could be wrong) is what Alex recommends on his dvd, and THEN get this. I only say that because The Brick Pass is more about refining your pass rather than learning the basics.

Also, if you don't do the pass, and don't even want to, there's still plenty you can learn here on how to think about, and approach moves, and how to execute them in actual performance.

Oh, I didn't even cover the turnover pass, well, just reread the above, it all applies to the turnover as well.

GREAT buy, all for less than $20.

RevJohn
View Profile
Inner circle
Oregon City Oregon, Oregon
2473 Posts

Profile of RevJohn
Question... if you don't care about DVD or Download, are the two Downloads the same as getting the DVD?

Thanks!

RevJohn
MovieMan
View Profile
Special user
569 Posts

Profile of MovieMan
I got the "downloadable" version and am very happy with it. I've been practicing the pass for years (still not where I want it to be), and got some really good pointers.

Question: I put "downloadable" in quotes because I've only been able to watch by logging in to the Blue Crown site and watching it from there. Is there a way to actually download it to my computer so I don't have to do that?
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2240 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
Yep, the DVD has the same content as the downloads for the Brick Pass and the Turnover Pass.  Some people prefer a hard copy, so that’s what the DVD is for.  But if you prefer downloads, you won’t be missing anything.

Work is being done on the site to offer your choice of downloads or streaming.  I believe the streaming option is the default at the moment, but things should be up and running for both options very soon.  In the meantime, if you fire an email to info@thebluecrown.com with your order info, they’ll be happy to send you the downloadable file.
Kevin Reylek
RevJohn
View Profile
Inner circle
Oregon City Oregon, Oregon
2473 Posts

Profile of RevJohn
Thanks! Appreciate the information.

RevJohn
Olympic Adam
View Profile
Inner circle
1259 Posts

Profile of Olympic Adam
Looks great, I saw a video about the pass and thought 'I can do my pass fine, don't need to pay for it', then I watched the demo... Smile

might have to buy it
Protection for mind readers and mentalists: http://tricksofthemind.com
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
If you think your pass is "fine," it probably isn't, lol.
I think with most practices they are life long endeavours, that is you are never finished learning, or working on something. I think that, in magic, no move exemplifies this more than the (classic) pass.

That being said, many stop working on it anyways, probably often because they realize they cannot "perfect" it, and so settle for good enough.
However, if one DOES strive to continue working on the pass, it will be a life long endeavour.

P.s. Adam, just to clarify, I was not criticizing you.

Olympic Adam
View Profile
Inner circle
1259 Posts

Profile of Olympic Adam
Quote:
On 2011-09-02 19:36, gdw wrote:
If you think your pass is "fine," it probably isn't, lol.
I think with most practices they are life long endeavours, that is you are never finished learning, or working on something. I think that, in magic, no move exemplifies this more than the (classic) pass.

That being said, many stop working on it anyways, probably often because they realize they cannot "perfect" it, and so settle for good enough.
However, if one DOES strive to continue working on the pass, it will be a life long endeavour.

P.s. Adam, just to clarify, I was not criticizing you.

no no I didn't think you were,

depends when it is needed, I think people shy away from it sometimes, there is always room for improvement but sometimes practicing one move you are mostly happy with is a misuse of time compared to a new routine.

My only complaint about the pass was my initial misconception of it based on others' reactions to it, I was pretty scared to learn it but when I did it was actually a nice progression for me and a nice move, I was expecting something drastic and impossible.

Like you say though, I will never stop practicing it,
Protection for mind readers and mentalists: http://tricksofthemind.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Brick Pass (Money Back Guarantee) Download (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL