The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Learning straitjacket (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
When I was younger, I played Harry Houdini in a kids show put on by my college. In it, I did a straitjacket escape. If I remember, the jacket was gimmicked because it was missing a strap that would normally be on a regulation jacket. I haven't followed escapology at all since then (maybe 20 years ago!) but I think I might want to give the straitjacket a try once more. Do you have any recommendations for a gaffed straitjacket for someone new to this? Also, resources that talk about the proper performance of such an escape? I'm sorry if these are such elementary questions. I really respect the pros out there that have put so much time and energy into this art.

Thanks,
Landmark
DavidEscapes
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Special!
1003 Posts

Profile of DavidEscapes
Hi

Rather than go through a lot of stuff that has already been covered here you really should try searching this forum. There is a wealth of information here that should answer your question and then some!

If you don't find what you are after though, let me know and I will be happy to help.

Cheers

David Straitjacket
David Victor - The artist formally (and still occasionally) known as David Straitjacket.

My Website
Add me on facebook
AJP807
View Profile
Special user
New York City
559 Posts

Profile of AJP807
Hey Land, I'm right over the bridge from you in Staten Island. If you want to get together for some SJ work just let me know. I own several jackets and would really enjoy having someone to practice with. My girlfriend is already tired of tieing me up, so just let me know.

Tony Parisi
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Hi,

I just wanted to acknowledge and thank Tony for the time out he took with me Friday night. Thanks so much. So my birthday is coming up and my wife asked what I wanted. I told her a straitjacket. She got very indignant..."Oh, that'll sound great. Wife buys husband a straitjacket. Gotta love the symbolism in that!" Yeah, I said, but remember, I'm learning how to escape from it!"

Thanks again, Tony
landmark
AJP807
View Profile
Special user
New York City
559 Posts

Profile of AJP807
It's always my pleasure to be of service to another escapologist. It was very nice meeting you and your son. I hope you found the book and the video useful, and I hope we can get together again soon. Tony Parisi
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
It's nice to know that people are meeting each other and helping each other out.

Don
Margarette
View Profile
Special user
Memphis area
956 Posts

Profile of Margarette
I must admit, that for a New Yorker, Tony is a nice guy!! Smile

Margarette
The only stupid question is the one not asked.
AJP807
View Profile
Special user
New York City
559 Posts

Profile of AJP807
Hey thanks...I think.

Tony Smile
Margarette
View Profile
Special user
Memphis area
956 Posts

Profile of Margarette
Aw, Tony, you know I luv ya, guy! You know, in that non-gender-specific friendship kinda way! Just don't tell Maggie!! Smile

Margarette
x-treem
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of x-treem
You know Margarette, for a Southern Belle you are not shaped like one nor do you ring/sound like one.

Wow a nice New Yorker and a non bell Southern Belle. What is this world coming too?

PS Fred Pitella is also a very nice New Yorker. I was glad to meet him at the convo.

Shawn
A direct from text adaptation : The Strange Case Of Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde Starring Mickey Rooney in his final role.
Margarette
View Profile
Special user
Memphis area
956 Posts

Profile of Margarette
I will agree, Fred is also a nice New Yorker. I lost count of how many times he proposed to me!

Margarette
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Learning straitjacket (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL