The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Best gimmicked coin to get? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Apprentice
View Profile
Regular user
164 Posts

Profile of Apprentice
Hi,

I'm relatively new to coin magic but would like to purchase a versatile coin gaff made specifically by Todd Lassen only.

I'm just not sure what gimmicked coin set to get.

I have a classic Silver Morgan dollar shell set already for the standard 3 fly routine.

I saw the John Kennedy Super coin demo and liked the coin through cup routine:
http://www.johnkennedymagic.com/scripts/......oduct=91

Does Todd Lassen have a gimmicked coin or coin set that can do that? Which sets can reproduce that effect?

Any tips or comments or opinions on choosing the best gimmicked coin set would be much appreciated.

I would like a coin set that could replicate the coin through cup move that the Super Coin can do and do other things as well.

I like:
Clean 3 coins across effects
Coin Matrix effects
Multiple spell bound coin effects that are clean

If there are one or more gimmicked coin sets that can do all that or more please let me know.

Thanks!
Xavier Belmont
View Profile
New user
France
18 Posts

Profile of Xavier Belmont
If you have already a S***L you can add in your "tool box" with C/S or CSB set to increase your collection's coins.
This sets with S***L in add can produce more and more possibilities...

Magically your
You have an idea ? You have a problem ? Ask me a solution !

Magically your,

Xavier.
http://xavierbelmont.com
Tommytallica
View Profile
New user
uuuh jeg har skrevet
95 Posts

Profile of Tommytallica
A hopping half set will give you many use full gaffs to start out with.
Apprentice
View Profile
Regular user
164 Posts

Profile of Apprentice
Hi Xavier,

You replied to one of my questions on the forum (see below). Thank you!

You mentioned something about a C/S or CSB set to increase my coin collection.

I actually have a Hopping Half set which has a Sun/Moon coin.

What is a C/S (copper silver)?

Does a CSB set include a C/S coin or set?

Thanks,
Alan
Quote:
On 2011-03-14 11:51, Xavier Belmont wrote:
If you have already a S***L you can add in your "tool box" with C/S or CSB set to increase your collection's coins.
This sets with S***L in add can produce more and more possibilities...

Magically your
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
There is a TON!!! of stuff you can do with just a E. Shell!!! All the stuff you where just talking about!
There are handleings in my books for! So wile all that stuff is way cool! You you have to walk before you run! Smile

I also have stuff for a sun&moon. And A C.S.B. when you get around to it! Smile
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
If you are indeed new to coin magic you probably shouldn’t be looking to go with gaffed coins at all yet. You need to get your basic coin handling down first.

Jim
rdwinc
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of rdwinc
Hopping Half is my first and best - it is so cool to produce coin after coin - and you end so clean. Plus when you hand them one of the coins part way through - it really makes there eyes light up. I have the Johnson version - but want to purchase a better set - I can only assume it will be even better..
David
David Sacks

Wheaton, Maryland
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

Yea If you get it form it Todd it will! Smile And when you get your rattle gimmick and book. There is a routine in there called Hop a long half that lets you start out ungaffed and then ring in hoping half! Smile
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
lukecloughmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
250 Posts

Profile of lukecloughmagic
Hi david, I am looking four routines with just an E.shell, and you mentioned you have a ton of stuff in your books, which would be the best book to get and do you have a link? thanks
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

Hi Luke,
Denpends on what coin plots you like? But there is some good stuff in my Las Vegas notes. or my Japan notes! My web site is down right now! Smile But you can E-Mail at coinjurer@comcast.net about them!
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
lukecloughmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
250 Posts

Profile of lukecloughmagic
Great, I'll email you today Smile
Apprentice
View Profile
Regular user
164 Posts

Profile of Apprentice
Thanks everyone for replying so far!

I forgot to mention that I have a hopping half set and have the Roth vol 1 - 3 dvd's which I've gone over once awhile ago. I also have the Bobo book. I need to go through them again. I can do some of the very basics such as shuttle pass, palming, finger palm and finger palm and finger palm subtlety (first noticed in Coins One DVD - I think).

I love matrix effects so will look into David Neighbours matrix notes offerings and contact him about them. Too bad the site is down for now. Hope it's back up soon!

What's the difference between a C/S and a sun and moon? You can PM me if need be. I have a sun and moon coin already.

Also, does a C/S/B set come with a C/S?

Thanks!
Hare
View Profile
Veteran user
323 Posts

Profile of Hare
As J-Mac mentioned, it's very wise to concentrate on Sleight-of-Hand first, and not let expensive gaffs be your crutch. I'd say concentrate efforts on REALLY becoming proficient with the sleights you mentioned first- being able to move a coin proficiently from display to CP to FP...before you tempt yourself into an easier route with gaffs.

It's kind of like Kung-Fu. You want to reach a point where you don't feel the need to punch people, before you learn how to annihilate 'em. Heh.

Coin magic is like that. The gaffs should be helpful tools, not the purpose of doing the trick, if you want to be a magician.
"Better described in The Amateur Magician's Handbook"
ShawnB
View Profile
Special user
728 Posts

Profile of ShawnB
Copper Silver Brass is the way to go... Better yet 2 copper 1 silver you can do some great routines with that as well.
Shawn.
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

I would say get a solid C.S.B. So you get the best of both!
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
fortasse
View Profile
Inner circle
1201 Posts

Profile of fortasse
CSB - definitely; can't beat the versatility.
kinzo
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of kinzo
+1 for CSB, very deceptive! Having a hole in the CSB adds a little bit of visual surprise, but as mentioned above going with solid adds more routine possibilities.
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
French Riviera
6811 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
I would jump immediately to Dr Tango's TUC and three matching coins. You can do virtually everything that a shell and four coins can do but better. Get the New York Coin Seminar Dvds. With Tango's TUC, you can also perform copper silver effects which a standard shell and four coins would not allow.

You could also buy a flipper coin and Craig Petty's Flipped Out

The reason for my advice is essentially based on the versatility of effects. Copper Silver Brass is great for a very advanced magician but (IMHO) too limited in the number of effects and I made a fairly complete list of the published ones in books and DVDs.
Magic is the art of emotionally sharing live impossible situations
Bill Wood
View Profile
New user
Nova Scotia
98 Posts

Profile of Bill Wood
This is a great bit of advice thanks everyone.
atinczor
View Profile
Regular user
New York / Istanbul
113 Posts

Profile of atinczor
If you have Copper/Silver/Brass set, I would highly recommend Jeremy Pie's Copper/Silver/Brass DVD.. It is a great DVD on the CSB. Has different variety of routines that I have never seen performed that uses the C/S/B set.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Best gimmicked coin to get? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL