The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Captain America: The First Avenger TV Spot 1 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On 2011-03-24 14:15, McAllisterMagic wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-03-24 06:18, ed rhodes wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-03-23 19:35, gdw wrote:
The old movie was semi alright for the first 10 min, then it was a cop out after he freezes and the red skull is no longer red.

Similar to Masters of the Universe. Once they go to Earth it's just lost.

Let's not forget the horrible HORRIBLE TV-movie where he was the "son" of the original Captain America and looked like a blonde beach bum even before the serum (which was called FLAGG for some reason.)

Was this it?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tVxYs3vEXE

Yeah, that's it. Oddly enough, I remember him having the "wrong" costume. The stripes sort of went up the side and not across the stomach like the real costume did. Hmm, maybe I'm just old.

http://captain-america.us/gallery/r-movi......ca-9.htm

Nope, I'm not wrong. They must have made a second pilot and restarted with the correct costume. I didn't see the second one.
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Quote:
On 2011-03-24 17:41, McAllisterMagic wrote:
Captin America Full Trailer:
http://www.superherohype.com/news/articl......ts-early

Nice! Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
kcg5
View Profile
Inner circle
who wants four fried chickens and a coke
1868 Posts

Profile of kcg5
Its NOT a movie about a war hero...its about captain america!!!

Did anyone notice that in the trailer, before they throw the switch, Stanley Tuccis character says "Now, dr. Stark" (or something)---Tony Starks father!!!
Nobody expects the spanish inquisition!!!!!

"History will be kind to me, as I intend to write it"- Sir Winston Churchill
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Yea they seem to be trying to muddle the story lines don't they?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
Yes, Tony's father is in it. They've already started to establish his involvement in the Ironman films.
They have been tweaking the stories a bit mixing the 616 with bits of the Ultimate universe, as one can see from Nick Fury.
"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Yea they drew him spacirically to be like Jackson.

Well I hope it is a fun ride anyhow, however they choose to tell the story.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
McAllisterMagic
View Profile
Regular user
196 Posts

Profile of McAllisterMagic
Yes Tony Stark mentioned that his father helped defeat the Nazi's.
It is really interesting seeing everything come together,I cant wait for the Avenger's film!
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
Speaking of the Avengers, a recent Thor tv spot included a compilation of the other recent films.

ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On 2011-03-25 15:49, Dannydoyle wrote:

If Stan had invented Captain America, he would certainly have had some reference to a modern Marvel character tied into it. Whether Tony Stark's father or Reed Richards father, there would have been some tie in.
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On 2011-03-29 06:02, ed rhodes wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-03-25 15:49, Dannydoyle wrote:

If Stan had invented Captain America, he would certainly have had some reference to a modern Marvel character tied into it. Whether Tony Stark's father or Reed Richards father, there would have been some tie in.

Whow could you POSSIBLY know that? Is there an original tie in between the Hulk and Stark Industries? The whole point was that the formula was lost when the guy who created it was killed by a saboteur. Not something that could be mass produced by a company like Stark.

So you are saying that ALL the Marvel charecters are tied together in some way that Stan Lee wrote and invented? I don't understand.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
Wolverine's first appearance was as an assassin trying to kill the Hulk. He wasn't good enough.
That doesn't really have anything to do with anything, I just wanted to point out that Wolverine is overrated.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Yea he is a bit hyped up. I still like the charecter though.

I think the watered down version of him for the movies is not my favorite though. I like the guy smoking and drinking with Nick.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
Yeah, and the Frank Miller version where he was so messed up in the head that he scared his Japanese girlfriend into the arms of a wife-beater. The wife-beater was less scary than Logan. That was cool.
I mean, yeah ok, some of it was a trick by her jerkface dad, but still.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
That story line is actually the focus of the next film.

Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I just saw a trailer for Thor. I am even more disapointed than I thought. This one could hurt. Thor was one of my favs.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Stan likes to tie his world together. I remember a news story on one hero (don't even remember which one) where shots of the hero (not Spider-Man) were attributed to "a free-lance photographer for The Daily Bugle"

I'm not saying Stan is wrong for doing this. Only that the Marvel Universe is a inter-related place and stuff gets brought up.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Captain America: The First Avenger TV Spot 1 (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL