The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Todd Lassen TT Tripple Threat Problem (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

CoinZilla
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of CoinZilla
The middle coin on my TT is forming circular scuffing the same diameter as the shim from the top shell.

Anybody know if teflon will through off the magnetism?
Thomas Wayne
View Profile
Inner circle
Alaska
1977 Posts

Profile of Thomas Wayne
Only distance will reduce the magnetic pull, so use really thin Teflon tape and you'll probably be fine.

TW
MOST magicians: "Here's a quarter, it's gone, you're an idiot, it's back, you're a jerk, show's over." Jerry Seinfeld
CoinZilla
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of CoinZilla
That was fast! Do you know if hardware stores such as Home Depot would carry some good tape?

Thank you for your help
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3517 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
I've bought teflon tape online before but it turned out to be slightly thicker than the stuff gaff makers use. Tango sells the disks pre-cut to dollar or half dollar size in packs of 10. nice and thin.
Thomas Wayne
View Profile
Inner circle
Alaska
1977 Posts

Profile of Thomas Wayne
I would suggest you email Lassen and ask him to provide you with some, since he made the gimmick that is giving you problems. I think Jamie Schoolcraft provides the Teflon tape free of charge, but I'm pretty sure he won't care to solve your problem with the Lassen gaff.

TW
MOST magicians: "Here's a quarter, it's gone, you're an idiot, it's back, you're a jerk, show's over." Jerry Seinfeld
polygonsmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
372 Posts

Profile of polygonsmagic
Lassen doesn't like to use teflon in his, and I would guess that it may change the properties of the gaff. I'd contact him and ask for a solution before you try doctoring on your own. Even if you drop your coins and damage them, he usually fixes them for free.
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
Yea He is out of town right now! But as soon as he gets back, I am sure he will be happy to help out! Smile
And the best way to get a hold of him is to call him!
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
Mobius303
View Profile
Inner circle
Lakewood, Ohio
1309 Posts

Profile of Mobius303
The teflon tape will not change the properties of the gimmick nor how it works.
Troy Hooser and I both have done this to our gimmicks to reduce noise when the gimmick is flipped.

I would still call Todd to ask about the wearing of the middle coin though. That should not be happening.
Is the shim sticking up in the top coin causing this wear? It should be flush.
Mike
jconstantine
View Profile
Special user
Long Island New York
566 Posts

Profile of jconstantine
Call Todd.
Misdirect yourself regularly before you attempt to misdirect others!!! Smile Smile Smile
cablerock
View Profile
Veteran user
362 Posts

Profile of cablerock
I imagine he already did at this point.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Todd Lassen TT Tripple Threat Problem (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL