The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Schoolcraft new CSM (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

rdwinc
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of rdwinc
Has anyone seen the CSM in person?
David Sacks

Wheaton, Maryland
jonnyboy
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego
1021 Posts

Profile of jonnyboy
I purchased one of these from Jamie at Magic-Con, and it is fabulous. He made sure that the fit was perfect with my 3CF, opening up a plethora of possiblities in addition to all you can do with the CSM alone. The m******c feature was perfectly balanced, the craftsmanship was superb. The copper coin is interesting. Highly recommended.
John
rdwinc
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of rdwinc
John,
Just got off the phone with Jamie - he's shipping mine today - can't wait..

Knew his stuff is top notch - but just wanted to hear from someone else..

David
David Sacks

Wheaton, Maryland
jonnyboy
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego
1021 Posts

Profile of jonnyboy
I'm sure you will enjoy it.
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3517 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
What's a CSM. Is it a m-------c c/s?

Thanks
Sean
jonnyboy
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego
1021 Posts

Profile of jonnyboy
It is a Sun and Moon with m-------------c property, like a 3CM. It can be used as a standalone item, or in conjunction with a 3CF. Because of its dimensions, you would be able to perform Soleil et Lune, for example. A nice benefit for 3CF owners is that it contains a C/S coin that can be used separately with your Morgan set or whatever. It can be flipped with no worries.

John
manreb
View Profile
Special user
666 Posts

Profile of manreb
Quote:
On 2011-04-02 09:09, jonnyboy wrote:
Because of its dimensions, you would be able to perform Soleil et Lune, for example.ohn

you can perform Soleil et lune with any s/m as long as the [ fits an ungaff sun. Are you saying that the [ for the set is not an X[.
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
French Riviera
6811 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
Next to Al Goshman seminal effect and Roger Klause's very visually elegant version, Michael Wild wrote four rarely seen advanced routines for the Sun and Moon effect in his Tavern Magic 2: Sun And Moon (Total Eclipse; Quantum Mechanics; Premonition V; Equinox)

As a kicker, here is a patter seed from Hilary Jepsky: It wasn't written for magic but could fit, in part or whole, in a Sun and Moon routine

The morning hour dawns.
Night-dreams pervade the air.
They linger upon our lips.
We call them close so as not to let the memory of them go.
We rise.
Our dreams follow us.
The moon of night diffuses the sun.
Are we back sleeping within our precious images?
The child with the golden hair and the laughing voice is so real.
The lapping of the bright blue water against the distant shore,
Shines complete with steady motion.
The emerald leaves of forest trees are drenched with morning dew.
Dreamers do not wake this morning so illumined by the
Round pearl of ivory moon.
Magic is the art of emotionally sharing live impossible situations
Hare
View Profile
Veteran user
323 Posts

Profile of Hare
I think the poem offered by Lawrence O would make a fantastic silent routine in the right hands. I could imagine a recorded, soothing slow recital as the routine played out with perhaps a Chopin Etude in the background.

Could make for a really classy feeling performance! I like it.
"Better described in The Amateur Magician's Handbook"
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3517 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
Johnnyboy, Thanks for the info
taller8
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, Washington
1087 Posts

Profile of taller8
I'm assuming the copper shell also fits over the other copper coin and the C/S coin?

I have a Lassen Hybrid TWIAD set, magnetic. Looks like the same configuration.
jerdunn
View Profile
Inner circle
1735 Posts

Profile of jerdunn
I don't get this gaff. Why is a m****t needed?

You can flip any well made Sun and Moon coin in your flat hand, and the sh**l won't come off.

It seems to me that the c/s insert only needs to be shimmed if you want the whole gaff to stick to a m****t (for example, kept in your back pocket, to ditch the gaff on).

What's the advantage of the CSM that makes it worth such a high price tag?

Thanks,
Jerry
jerdunn
View Profile
Inner circle
1735 Posts

Profile of jerdunn
Not sure my post was clear. My basic question is, what's the advantage of a m******c Sun and Moon coin over one that's simply shimmed (for ditching, holdouts, etc.) or not shimmed at all (for ordinary use)?

Cheers,
Jerry
taller8
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, Washington
1087 Posts

Profile of taller8
I agree Jerry, having both the shell and the C/S shimmed is more ideal for me, then having one coin magnetized.

You won't have the negative polarity issue with a shimmed coin like would with a magnetic coin when ditching to a magnet.

So shimmed is actually more ideal for me, unless you have some need for the coin to be magnetized that I'm not aware of.

I believe my Lassen Hybrid Twiad set is all shimmed.

And since you can flip a regular dollar size shelled sun moon set, the magnetic coin really isn't necessary. So maybe I'm missing something too.
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
French Riviera
6811 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
I agree with Jerry. Only a TUC with a C/S insert would let a mag**t add some value to the technique for it's easy to dislodge, but a magnetic set may lock in and then we are stuck (pun not intended but accepted)
Magic is the art of emotionally sharing live impossible situations
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Schoolcraft new CSM (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL