The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Illusionists in India! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Alan Wheeler
View Profile
Inner circle
Posting since 2002 with
2038 Posts

Profile of Alan Wheeler
I just came acroos this news item on a Campus Crusade for Christ website.

http://www.ccci.org/ministries-and-locat......sand.htm

Is anyone familiar with this ministry?
The views and comments expressed on this post may be mere speculation and are not necessarily the opinions, values, or beliefs of Alan Wheeler.
A BLENDED PATH
Christian Reflections on Tarot
Word Crimes
Technology and Faith........Bad Religion
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2869 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
MagicBob and SuZie go to India every year through Campus Crusade. I am not sure if it is through this same particular group or not. MagicBob's web site is http://www.MagicBob.com
Alan Wheeler
View Profile
Inner circle
Posting since 2002 with
2038 Posts

Profile of Alan Wheeler
I just received a message from a friend who was concerned about the ministry of illusionists in India. I will post here the article he sent to me in a link. I believe my friend has confused "feigned miracles" with people who are presenting illusions and magic tricks, but in fairness to the questions he was asking, and in a spirit of fair play and open inquiry, here it is:

http://www.christiancourier.com/articles......e-people
The views and comments expressed on this post may be mere speculation and are not necessarily the opinions, values, or beliefs of Alan Wheeler.
A BLENDED PATH
Word Crimes
Alan Wheeler
View Profile
Inner circle
Posting since 2002 with
2038 Posts

Profile of Alan Wheeler
As no one is responding to this article about "feigned miracles," I just have to say that doubting Thomas served a great purpose in the Scriptures. He wanted to see the nail prints and feel them with his own hands. Thomas provided one piece of the foundation of the faith.
Jesus said, "Behold My hands and My feet that it is I Myself. Handle Me and see, for a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see that I have." (Luke 24:39).

When God intervenes supernaturally by Providence, answered prayer, spiritual gifts, or miracles, He has no trouble validating His work.
A BLENDED PATH
Word Crimes
Alan Wheeler
View Profile
Inner circle
Posting since 2002 with
2038 Posts

Profile of Alan Wheeler
Here's an interesting article that contrasts counterfeit works with true works of the Spirit of God:

http://www.charismamag.com/index.php/blo......ly-ghost
A BLENDED PATH
Word Crimes
Dan Bernier
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2298 Posts

Profile of Dan Bernier
Alan, I was shocked to hear that David Wilkerson died. I met the man several years ago when I graduated from Richmond Teen Challenge home. I have also read his books, and always loved listening to his sermons.

I agree that there are many false miracles going on in the world. I also believe that many of the so-called visions people claim to have are either not real, or demonic in nature. It's a touchy subject because some Christians base their faith on these miracles and visions, and when they get disputed it's almost as if you are ripping at the very fabric that holds their faith together. Look at the kind of responses some of these visions involke. People flock to area's where visions took place. The streets are filled with people selling memorabilia of the vision or miracle. People rush to the waters to be healed. They kiss the ground of where the vision was. They come in hopes of witnessing a miracle for themselves. People buy statues of Mary, or other dead saints from the past. They buy vials of supposed healing water, etc.

I'm still shocked that David passed away.

Thanks for providing the links of the articles Alan.
"If you're going to walk in the rain, don't complain about getting wet!"
Alan Wheeler
View Profile
Inner circle
Posting since 2002 with
2038 Posts

Profile of Alan Wheeler
Since you graduated from Teen Challenge, Dan, I can tell we may have experienced similar Providence/miracles in our lives. I graduated from The Potter's House, a local Christian rehabilitation center when I was 30 years old, just before being baptized and experiencing revolutionary change in my lifestyle. I gave up performing magic for about ten years, as unto the Lord, and in 2001 had the freedom to pick it back up again.
A BLENDED PATH
Word Crimes
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Illusionists in India! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL