The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Bizarre: New Bone of the Elders (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

SpellbinderEntertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
West Coast
3519 Posts

Profile of SpellbinderEntertainment
First Impressions New Bone of the Elders

Okay!
Picked up the “Bone of the Elders” today (I may be the first lucky mage to get one)
So I’ve only had it a few hours, these are just preliminary observations… more later.

Now I am positive: this Scratch dude and Fox guy are nuts. I mean really totally nuts.
Let’s put this in perspective. They are selling these handcrafted sets (I’ll get to the parts later) for LESS than a lousy cheaply mass-made “Mak Magic French Arm Chopper”!!!!

See what I mean? I’ll bet they take forever to make so I doubt they’ll want to keep on keeping on doing this for long, that means they’ll be rare as hen’s teeth (hen’s bones?) and people will kill for them in a decade or two (think Andruzzi stuff?)

I would have more than happily plunked down $400 for this… now I’ve worked with it a little bit, maybe $600 if I had it. Going for what? $165? See what I mean, nuts… that’s like two “Hippity Hop Rabbit” sets.

Enough jabs at the guys though. The bone looks pretty much like a bone, that’s a real bone. And an old one, the aging is quite nicely done. And a truly weird bone, it’s got really cool arcane (maybe evil?) signs and sigils carved over it. And it works, it tips and topples pretty much on schedule (with a more flexible schedule than a Post Office worker it seems.)

Extras: it comes in a box an old box, with old pealed torn stuff all over it, seems special, seems old, rough hewn. And a chunk of (human?) skull (might be where Scratch and Fox leaked their brains out.) And papers, old crumbly icky wonderful document papers to weave varied stories with.

Finally, a sort of peculiar origami-ish instruction book-ish, that unfolds as one sheet but folds as a booklet, go figure, don’t ask, they’re nuts why else do this?

So that’s the scoop from my first few hours exploring this…. thing. Even at that price I’m now on only rice and beans for several weeks, gee I must have really wanted this to spend even the little money I don’t have to spare right now…. guess I’m totally nuts too.

Broke but happy….
Brother Walt
GhostSurfer
View Profile
Loyal user
224 Posts

Profile of GhostSurfer
oombob
View Profile
Special user
Canada
844 Posts

Profile of oombob
A psycho-kinetic bone? Well that's pretty cool.
dennfox
View Profile
Inner circle
1680 Posts

Profile of dennfox
Go over to the Spooky and bizarre section of the Café to see more video demonstrations
dennfox
View Profile
Inner circle
1680 Posts

Profile of dennfox
See the Spooky and Bizarre section in the cellar for a review by Michael J Fraughton.
DoctorCognos
View Profile
Elite user
413 Posts

Profile of DoctorCognos
Saw a couple of the demos, and I like it.

How about this for a presentation techinque?

A bright light strategically placed over your shoulder, casting a shadow from your hand in the air, and as the shadow of your hand comes over and the shadow touches the bone, the bone moves.

The Doctor
The Doctor Knows.....
dennfox
View Profile
Inner circle
1680 Posts

Profile of dennfox
Some more reviews to come shortly!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Bizarre: New Bone of the Elders (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL