The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Postcards by Hernan Macagno and Tango Magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
whiteoakcanyon
View Profile
Special user
899 Posts

Profile of whiteoakcanyon
Looking forward to hearing more about pocket space requirements and the trade off for not wearing a jacket. Now that it has been on WPR, I imagine sales will increase and we may have an opportunity to hear more about performing this effect. If anyone can comment on the above that would be great.
trickychris
View Profile
Loyal user
England
260 Posts

Profile of trickychris
Just got this and have found that the gimmicks are not strong enough to do what they are suppose to do - spoke to another magician who has bought this and he has found this the case too.

Although I can resolve the matter - for this amount of knicker/wonga/cash I spent on it, I expect not to finish off the job!

Has anyone else found this is a problem for them?

As for the effect - it really is a nice gimmick (barring the above problem) and will try this out at tomorrows gig
View Profile
Regular user
121 Posts

Profile of 808
Received this today and have to say that I'm extremely happy with it.

I'm unaware of the origins of the trick but, for me, Hernan's POSTCARDS is fantastic.

It's perfect for strolling and certainly doesn't need a table - if you can perform a David Stone style card box appearance then you've nothing to worry about.

In fairness I haven't worked it yet but have been playing with it for the last few hours, which has prompted this post.

I envisage walking up to a small group at a gig - introducing myself - and then asking someone to take out the contents of the envelope I remove from my inside pocket.

There could be a few items in the envelope which can make up your act - a business card etc. Then 'Bammo'! You perform postcards.

Very easy to perform, quickish reset (if you include the other stuff in the envelope) and visually stunning.

Definitely one of my best purchases in a looong time!

I didn't have any gimmick problems at all. Maybe I was lucky?

Pre-performance rating 9 out of 10.

I'm deducting one point as I found the explanation DVD slightly frustrating. I had to keep going back to understand which parts of the gimmick went where. Not a major problem in fairness.

sometimes people can surprise you!
bugjack
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1624 Posts

Profile of bugjack
808, thanks for your thoughts. I've been toying with picking this up and have a good idea of what I'll be getting. I like the plot, which previously caused me to buy Paul Harris's "Screwed Deck." I wound up selling that for one reason that I never read anyone discuss: you can't fit an entire deck into the gimmick. You have to take out a few cards. Given that "Diplopia" is a favorite effect, that was a problem.

I've been curious about the various comments about needing to wear a jacket, but if I understand what you're saying correctly, you just start with everything in play immediately, right?
View Profile
Regular user
121 Posts

Profile of 808
Bugjack,

PM'ed you.

This is brilliant! Buy it!
sometimes people can surprise you!
jerry100won
View Profile
Loyal user
Dallas Texas
257 Posts

Profile of jerry100won
Quote:

It's on this weeks Wizard Product Review and they say about 15 seconds.

Saw the review from "Wizard Product Review" by Craig Petty & David Penn, they gave it WORKER of the week. Check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/user/worldmagicshop#p/u/1/lzRsM5deuDs
Jerry

In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2893 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
From watching the demo alone I must say this a great way to introduce a deck of cards...actually one of the best looking ways! Smile

I agree with rklew64 about some apparent handling in the demo which, however, is only obvious to us magicians and probably even only after watching the demo several times, so no issue in real world situations, imho! Can't comment on the gimmick's strength and price/quality relation but basically I find the envelope idea very appealing!
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
surryhills
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
149 Posts

Profile of surryhills
Looks really interesting. But they sell it in Germany for ~60€...
I´m not sure if it`s worth it.
robvh
View Profile
Elite user
Calgary, AB
440 Posts

Profile of robvh
Quote:
On 2011-06-16 19:57, trickychris wrote:
Just got this and have found that the gimmicks are not strong enough to do what they are suppose to do - spoke to another magician who has bought this and he has found this the case too.

Although I can resolve the matter - for this amount of knicker/wonga/cash I spent on it, I expect not to finish off the job!

Has anyone else found this is a problem for them?

As for the effect - it really is a nice gimmick (barring the above problem) and will try this out at tomorrows gig

I had the same problem. The gimmicks are not strong enough to make the mechanism reliable. At $60 for a gimmicked card box, I expect perfection. Or at least rock solid reliability.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Postcards by Hernan Macagno and Tango Magic (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL