The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Spirit Bell or Ghost Bell? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Sean-Paul
View Profile
Regular user
167 Posts

Profile of Sean-Paul
I found a discussion under "tricks and effects" and it was 3-4 years old.

I though I might strike it up over here - where the performers that might really have a use for an effect like this.

I know there is the Spiritus Magnus and it has a bell but what about the Dead Ringer VS the Ghost Bell.

I like this spirit bell. Does anyone know anything about tom yurasits - Ghost bell?

http://www.tomyurasitsproductions.com/products.html

Does Anyone have this effect?

This looks quite innocent.
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5090 Posts

Profile of Roth
Hobbs Box

For $365 shipped you get an awesome old aged hand made box that has custom brass plaque (your words)

and a spirit bell!

Made my bizarre Master Tim Wisseman (maker of the Dead Ringer you asked about above)

Hobbs Box
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
jamiesalinas
View Profile
Special user
Houston
728 Posts

Profile of jamiesalinas
Ouch...$750.00? I have the "Dead Ringer" bell that I bought for $300.00 that is very effective. I am interested in knowing about this one as well.

Jamie
Jamie Salinas
Mind_Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
The Sunshine State USA
1252 Posts

Profile of Mind_Magic
The Dead Ringer is good.
I don´t have the Ghost Bell.
But I prefer The Departed from Outlaw Effects.
Lou Hilario
View Profile
Inner circle
2234 Posts

Profile of Lou Hilario
I am awaiting the arrival of my Wenger Spirit Bell.
Magic, Illusions, Juggling, Puppet & Parrot Show ^0^
http://www.louhilario.net
Jon W.
View Profile
Loyal user
228 Posts

Profile of Jon W.
I second Jamie on the price. Seems steep considering what else is out there for less.
jonnyboy
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego
1021 Posts

Profile of jonnyboy
I have Departed, Spiritus Magnus, Oculus (SM and Oculus both work with Outlaw bells) and Dead Ringer. All terrific, work beautifully, but I find they are best used in different performing circumstances. I.e., what is the context of your performance? If I had to choose one, though, just for the bell, I would choose Dead Ringer, because of the simplicity and elegance of the crystal bell, makes any gimmicking look totally impossible. Just my opinion.

John
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Mr. Yurasit has developed a lot of quality magic over the years. I'm particularly fond of Stuck in Time. I have to agree with jonnyboy however, Dead Ringer is so innocent looking due to the crystal bell. Plus, it lends itself to so many stories (an elegant dinner bell for example) and offers a wonderful visual contrast of something so beautiful, with magic that is so mysterious.

And then there's the price difference.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Hey, I might as well also mention Chris Taylor's and my Death Toll for your options. As everyone mentioned - base it on context and what your act is about... and also work out which one might have more options than just one context... and then factor in price.

Good luck

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......um=109&3
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Damon Reinbold
View Profile
Regular user
147 Posts

Profile of Damon Reinbold
I agree with johnnyboy 100% I used a Dead Ringer in my seance last yeear for months on end and never failed to get at least a gasp in response each night. Dead Rap is also a great piece. I guess it all depends on the circumstances of the venue tho.

regards,
Damon
Damon Reinbold
<BR>2011 President, S.A.M. Assembly 71
<BR>2011 President, IBM Ring 90
jonnyboy
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego
1021 Posts

Profile of jonnyboy
In fairness, I also have the Death Toll. It is a great piece of work, very clean looking when you or the spectators opens it up. I just haven't developed the right presentation for me for it yet.

John
jamiesalinas
View Profile
Special user
Houston
728 Posts

Profile of jamiesalinas
I have a correction to my post. I have death toll that I purchased for $300.00. This works great for me. I only have mine ring once by itself which works great for me.

Jamie
Jamie Salinas
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Spirit Bell or Ghost Bell? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL