The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » The Carcosa Collection Contest IV - Ye Liveliest Awefulness: The Essential Saltes Challenge (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
KOTAH
View Profile
Inner circle
2290 Posts

Profile of KOTAH
Brother willem, thank you for taking the time to comment on my thoughts.

Best of luck to all of us when the contest results are announced.

K.
KOTAH
View Profile
Inner circle
2290 Posts

Profile of KOTAH
I do not know which path the Carcosa project may follow, but thne runic message paved road of M.R. james would be a most interesting journey.

K.
KOTAH
View Profile
Inner circle
2290 Posts

Profile of KOTAH
While on the subject of written messages, I have recently revisited my studies of the voynich mss.

The name Lionardo, not Leonardo has revealed itself in the names of the plant anagrams for those who may be interested.

K.
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Although the stars have realigned for now, the latest from the Carcosa Court cryers seem to indicate something new at the site.

Enjoy
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
willem
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of willem
Brother Kotah thanks for sharing these info I did not know about M.R james and voynich mms these are both very interesting and something to look into.

On the subject of carcosa it was never about the price of winning for me it was more about the info that I could get about H.P Lovecraft and his story's that are truly wonderful and to get ideas about bizarre magic from masters like brother Kotah.
KOTAH
View Profile
Inner circle
2290 Posts

Profile of KOTAH
Brother Willem, your post was very kind, Kotah the 'master' came in third. Bested by two other more talented individuals.

Congratulations on your excellent s entries. I also enjoy the challenge of these contests. Dr. spektor brings to light many topics and authors I had been unfamiliar with. It always seems to be a creative learning process.

No doubt that the lay out and presentation of the material and enteries on the site are absolutely amazing!!
Additional kudos to the team of Spektor and Shield .

K.
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Correction: the top 3 wizards are tied and equal there is no third place

The other 3 are tied for supplying great material - but the other three just went a step smidgeon beyond
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
handa
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburgh, PA
1357 Posts

Profile of handa
Thanks lots to Dr. S for inclusion in this one. I have a goal to use the secret of the ES for a practical performance situation. The first half of my contribution represents what we have already done in terms of regeneration. We've explored this particular subject several times, but this is IMO the best of the offerings of the ways that we presented regrowth/regeneration as an effect.

The second part is what I want to do: Take a "ritual" and make it more "scientific" to show how something got lost in translation and goes horribly wrong. We may not use this particular concept for this year's show, but it is definitely going into the file as the overall effect is far too visual to not use at some point in time.

All 75 pages are downloaded and I have some good reading to look forward to...thanks to all of the entrants!

Chris
willem
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of willem
Congratulations to every one !!!:-) and thanks to Carcosa for having this great competition. Now to sit back and see what the Masters have cooked up this time ;-)
Marlowe
View Profile
Regular user
MA
162 Posts

Profile of Marlowe
My congratulations also to the winners and contibutors. A huge thanks to Dr. Spektor for making it all possible.
Willem, I loved your routines. Truly 'Lovecraftian'. John, just.awesome. Kotah, well, just about everything I have ever read from you pretty much blows my mind..so this was no exception.« btw..Games Most Strange is my all time favorite piece in all of magicdom»
Doc: the Carcosa site, the challanges, and your unique generosity of ideas here in the Café have been and continue to be as a source of enjoyment. and inspiration to me.
I truly hope the stars do indeed align once again and the vault of dim carcosa be opened as the unthinkable is unleashed to do the impossible once again.
M°
Harlequin
View Profile
Special user
Melbourne, Australia
686 Posts

Profile of Harlequin
I have only now had a change to finish reading the material from the Essential Saltes Challenge manuscript and will add my thanks to all the contributors for much entertainment and interesting information. Big thanks to the good Dr Spektor for the Carcosa Collection in general and I hope such a creative endeavor will continue to exist for a long time to come.
KOTAH
View Profile
Inner circle
2290 Posts

Profile of KOTAH
Wow Marlowe, a reference to Games Most Strange from my first book a Darker Light, I am delighted you think so well of it.

Thankyou brother. I too look forward to the next carcosa challenge with great anticipation.

All participants are certainly inspired to brin their 'A Game.

Good for them, good for bizarre magic as well.

Kotah
KOTAH
View Profile
Inner circle
2290 Posts

Profile of KOTAH
Any further thoughts or information concerning possible future contests?

While I wait for news, I have returned to studying the voynich MAnuscript to keep my mind occupied.

Folio73r seems promising.

K.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » The Carcosa Collection Contest IV - Ye Liveliest Awefulness: The Essential Saltes Challenge (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL