The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Coin bite..... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

big k
View Profile
New user
100 Posts

Profile of big k
Hey, I have the coin bite. What do you guys recommend to do with it? By the way, I've bitten it it off and blew it back on, and put it in side a bottle already. What else can I do with it?

thanks,

big k
RandyStewart
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1989 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
Perhaps the greatest application is coin in a bottle.
JasonDean
View Profile
Loyal user
266 Posts

Profile of JasonDean
Check out John Borns book,"Matrix Gods Way",it has a cool application for the person who wants to see the coin bite again.
Brian Lehr
View Profile
Inner circle
Edmonton, Canada
1605 Posts

Profile of Brian Lehr
This is an effect I was going to do yesterday during a show, but ran out of time. I've never done it before, so I'm not sure how it would've played out:

Have two volunteers. On one side of you have the person hold a nest of boxes (held together by rubber bands). On the other side of you, show the folding coin (either borrow a regular one and switch it, or just take it out of your pocket with a bunch of other change). Place this person's initials on the coin, and have her verify that it is her initials.

Place a white hankey on your left hand, make a pocket in the hankey with your TT, and proceed to "place" the coin in the hankey (actually vanishing the folding coin in the TT). Bring up the four corners of the hankey, and have the volunteer grab them and hold onto the hankey (which they think still has the coin in it.

Do the magic; coin disappears from the hankey.

Have the other volunteer start to open his next of boxes, which he has been holding the whole time, and which are all held together by rubber bands. When he finally gets to the inner pouch, he finds a coin inside. Upon taking it out, he discovers the coin has the first volunteer's initials on it, which is then verified by the first volunteer.

You of course, decided before the show who your "hankey" volunteer was going to be, and prepared the second initialed coin, and set up the nest of boxes.

Hope this helps to get the creative juices flowing, and I hope to get to try it out soon.

Brian
twistedace
View Profile
Inner circle
philadelphia
3772 Posts

Profile of twistedace
I used to hate the coin bite, just because so many people asked for it and I hated the effect. Then I realized that I was doing the magic for them and not myself. So I give people what they want to see. Another application I've seen is to keep both ends off the center and just use the center of the coin. With your fingers you can "erase" the sides of the coin, which is excellent misdirection for a watch steal.
carlb
View Profile
New user
Seattle
77 Posts

Profile of carlb
Quote:
"So I give people what they want to see."

I always have to ask: is it really what they want to see? Or is it what they've seen before so it becomes the only thing they know to ask for?

I would venture that if, when confronted with a request like that, you (or I) performed something equally as visual and direct and personal, that the audience would feel that they got what they asked for.

For the main topic of the thread: Roth's visual coins through table and variations thereof are also very strong.
twistedace
View Profile
Inner circle
philadelphia
3772 Posts

Profile of twistedace
I agree completely that doing anything very well will play good. I'm just saying that many people ask to see it and I have started to do it again just for that fact, it's a crowd pleaser, same as cards from mouth. Another great trick that I use all of the time that nobody asks for is the Vanishing lit cigarette- they have no idea it's coming, but want to see it over and over again... I only do it once. After that, no bitten coin matters anymore.
jcvelbar
View Profile
New user
South Florida
50 Posts

Profile of jcvelbar
I have trying this with the Butter coin, I think it sells slightly beter.
David de Leon
View Profile
Elite user
Sweden
418 Posts

Profile of David de Leon
Here is a silly idea for a use of the coin (which also requires another gimmick that you have to manufacture):

You bite a piece off the coin, but when you spit it out you fail to mend the coin and the bit-off piece lands instead on the table. You apologise, put this piece back in your mouth, then successfully spit it out to heal the coin.

Personally I find the whole biting and spitting business in poor taste. I do think, however, that it would be worthwhile to play with what you could do if you also had a separate bit-off piece.
djvirtualreality
View Profile
Inner circle
MayfieldNew York
1347 Posts

Profile of djvirtualreality
If you have two of them and you have AOA 1, there is a torn and restored trick with the coins.

P.S this is 666th post Smile
Life is an illusion, death is reality.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Coin bite..... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL