The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » No ring to borrow (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

unclesamayen
View Profile
Elite user
Taiwan
459 Posts

Profile of unclesamayen
Hi everyone,

I'm now building my ring in nested box routine, but I'm wondering if anyone has ever meet this situation.
You wanna borrow a ring, but there is no one wearing a ring in the room.
Have you ever encounter this situation?
How do you deal with it?
Thanks for watching and answering.

Best,
YuYen
Comedy, Mental, Busking.
Performing magic for the blinds.
http://youtu.be/nW3O0nucQUI
Busking in Mong Kok
http://youtu.be/WqohXqTxRVU
SpellbinderEntertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
West Coast
3519 Posts

Profile of SpellbinderEntertainment
Came up on this with a long running show I did with some colleagues. This would be an absolute LAST ditch effort. If it's a very large audience, you can walk to the back of the theatre, say "thank you" and bring your own ring up the aisle, from stage look into the dark and say you’ll return it safely later.

The fairer, cleaner way is to simply state "oh, we don't have one ring in the house, did you have to check them at the door?" Or something more clever than that.

Then remove your (special) ring tell a meaningful story about why it means something to you, why it is valuable to you, you must establish a story with an emotional link so they’ll care about the ring. Then ask some nice lady you've used in the show earlier to join you on stage and you know her and will trust her with your ring. I don't believe in running when you're not being chased, but if you are hesitant, you can take a tiny tag, have her initial it and put it on the ring, then she'll identify the ring as yours later.

We found it valuable to walk around a greet people before the show, so we could spot one or two suitable rings, not to valuable or old so a diamond would be lost, not too tight so they couldn't get if off. If we saw the perfect ring, we'd ask if they would mind lending it to us half way through the show if we took very good care of it.

Then there is the Copperfield sure fire method of always having a plant to two in the house…

Magically,
Walt
puggo
View Profile
Inner circle
2022 Posts

Profile of puggo
I always carry a spare stainless steel wedding band which cost me £5. I get the person / people to initial it with a Sharpie.
Edit - This is based on strolling work, not stage.

Charlie
djurmann
View Profile
Inner circle
thinks time to practice and stop writing
1481 Posts

Profile of djurmann
Sometimes use Puggo's method. sometimes I bring along some practice rings and ask them to pick one then initial it (or leave it as is)..
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » No ring to borrow (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL