The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » What decks do I need to use? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

rdwinc
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of rdwinc
I used to do this trick to open a board meeting, as an ice breaker.... But can't remember what decks I used.. any help?

I would have the victim select any card (say from a blue deck) - and tell him and the group that I would predict his card.. I would then show the group (not the victim) that the entire deck was the same card - say 10 of hearts.

I would pull out my prediction card from a red deck -and put it face down on the table - he would then show the card - say 5 of clubs - so everyone would think I screwed up - but of course the 5 of clubs would be on the table.

what gaff decks do I need?

Thanks
David
David Sacks

Wheaton, Maryland
Stanyon
View Profile
Inner circle
Landrum, S.C. by way of Chicago
3433 Posts

Profile of Stanyon
The "McCombical Deck" comes to mind. Don Alan's "Big Deal" is the condensed version.
Stanyon

aka Steve Taylor

"Every move a move!"

"If you've enjoyed my performance half as much as I've enjoyed performing for you, then you've enjoyed it twice as much as me!"
Zebaztian
View Profile
Special user
The Netherlands
655 Posts

Profile of Zebaztian
McCombical it is.
My mind reading routines: http://www.basjongenelen.nl/goocheltrucs/. Scroll a bit down to the English routines.
Zebaztian
View Profile
Special user
The Netherlands
655 Posts

Profile of Zebaztian
There's also a jumbo version of McCombical. I don't know how big the group is you're performing for.
My mind reading routines: http://www.basjongenelen.nl/goocheltrucs/. Scroll a bit down to the English routines.
Merc Man
View Profile
Inner circle
NUNEATON, Warwickshire
2538 Posts

Profile of Merc Man
Zebatiann is correct - albeit more often than not, the Jumbo version of McCombical only uses a handful of cards and not a full pack.
Barry Allen

Over 15 years have now passed - and still missing Abra Magazine arriving every Saturday morning.
Zebaztian
View Profile
Special user
The Netherlands
655 Posts

Profile of Zebaztian
The jumbo version is not as strong, because it doesn't use a whole deck, like Merc Man said, but when performing for a large group, the jumbo size is rather handy.
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6136 Posts

Profile of motown
I alway's like Big Deal by Don Alan.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » What decks do I need to use? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL