The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Darn you Wal-Mart! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
Okay, full disclosure: I've never seen this thing in person out of the package.
I have seen the commercials and they make it look cool. How much of that is editing I do not know.
I don't know how this works because I haven't examined it.
The only thing that kind of worries me is that they sell it at Wal-Mart. Okay, yeah you can buy gimmicked decks and other such things at Wal-Mart too. But if this is some new variation on the zombie ball then it's been ruined out of the gate by the fact that everyone's seen it at frickin' Wal-Mart. Who's ever going to take a zombie ball seriously again when they think it's the same thing they saw at Wal-Mart?
And if this really is the coolest floating ball ever then I'll never know because I'm not going to pay money for an effect just to have the audience say "Hey, they have that at Wal-Mart!"
That's it. Had to rant.
https://www.fushigiball.com/default.aspx?MID=743178
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3997 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
Just looks like a "standard" contact juggling ball to me. Nothing special...
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4571 Posts

Profile of Payne
It's a contact juggling ball with a hollow center. The only thing that makes this thing seemingly float is sheer skill. Something few Wal-Mart shoppers possess Smile
I'll wager that, once the recipient discovers that one actually has to practice with this thing to get it to look like it's floating that it will end up in the garage next to the unused banana stand they got last year

I've been waiting for these to drop in price so I can pick up three or four for final loads for my cups and balls.
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
Only thing I'm worried about is people confusing my zombie ball for it. Lots of folks tend to make those kinds of leaps. I love my zombie and I don't want it taken for a Wal-Mart prop.
~Will Rogers
Banester
View Profile
Special user
669 Posts

Profile of Banester
That might not be bad though Critter! You can have them try to do the same things you do with the Zombie.
The art of a magician is to create wonder.
If we live with a sense of wonder, our lives
become filled with joy
-Doug Henning-
Rick Fisher
View Profile
Elite user
Rick Fisher
471 Posts

Profile of Rick Fisher
Watch the Naked Zombie video if you want to do this kind of thing.......
Rick Fisher, President FAB Magic

"One of the largest magic shops in the world!"

www.fabmagic.com
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
Quote:
On 2011-04-27 13:31, Rick Fisher wrote:
Watch the Naked Zombie video if you want to do this kind of thing.......

Have done Smile I use a lot of the stuff from it. Everybody loves my zombie Smile
I should make a YouTube video sometime...
~Will Rogers
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2869 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
Also- the guy on the demonstration DVD that comes with the Fushigiball is on youtube doing the same type contact juggling moves using balloons (with one smaller balloon inside another one)- amazing optical illusions...
Gordyboy
View Profile
Loyal user
British Columbia, Canada
216 Posts

Profile of Gordyboy
Quote:
On 2011-04-27 12:15, Payne wrote:
It's a contact juggling ball with a hollow center. The only thing that makes this thing seemingly float is sheer skill. Something few Wal-Mart shoppers possess Smile
I'll wager that, once the recipient discovers that one actually has to practice with this thing to get it to look like it's floating that it will end up in the garage next to the unused banana stand they got last year

We still use our banana stand.
The Great Gordini

http://www.MagicCanada.ca
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2734 Posts

Profile of RS1963
Quote:
On 2011-04-27 20:03, Gordyboy wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-04-27 12:15, Payne wrote:

We still use our banana stand.

Doesn't everyone? After all they just stand on the counter. They don't roll, spindle, fold, or mutilate either. So what else are they going to do but stand with or without bananas on it?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Darn you Wal-Mart! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL