The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Gift, a type of CAAN, ebook » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
How bout the gift cube?

John
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2563 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
John,

Good Idea.

Let me send it over to see if it makes it in time.

Alex
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
I really love this. When reading the description I was totally fooled. Read the method and laughed my head off. So simple but very good thinking! Very clever. Not only will this fool lay people but I bet it will get magicians as well.

What makes it so good is the psychology behind it. It seems so test conditions because you know so little (which is true!). But that one little piece of knowledge allows everything to work.

BTW, personal preference but I prefer the non-sleight of hand version which involves cutting the deck. I think this is important, especially if you are performing this as a mentalism effect and not a magic effect. Otherwise how could the card be at the number unless by magic (those who have this will understand what I'm saying)? But if you give the deck a few cuts to "to mix up the cards", then it makes sense as a mentalism effect because the selection could apparently be at any number at that point.

Some might argue that cutting the deck weakens the effect. I don't think so. Again, you only know a little piece of information, which, by the time you recap what has happened, most people will probably forget you know it anyway. And even with that little bit of info, it seems impossible that you could do anything with it.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2563 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Thanks Cameron.

I had two inspirations to come up with this method.

Alain Nu ACAAN
Ben Harris Silent Running

I perform ACAAN by Alain Nu.........I wanted something that could be done impromptu.........I started to think of ways that I can make a somewhat easy ACAAN, or CAAN, and I played around with several methods......once I had that down...I wanted to give it a mental spin....so I thought of the dice......I began using a real dice, but then I felt choices were limited, so I changed it to give a wider selection of numbers.
I know this ebook is nothing like Silent Running, but the thinking behind it was for the number....those that have SR know what I mean.
I have fooled people with this, as well as magicians.....it plays strong......even though the effect is simple.

don't overlook the most simplest magic!

Alex
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Quote:
On 2011-05-11 13:44, johncesta wrote:
How bout the gift cube?

John

Or "ACAAN To Die For"
("The Cube" is a very popular pop psychology book)

Tony
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2563 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Thanks Tony.

The ebook is being edited now, it should be up shortly.

Not sure what name will ultimately make it......whatever the name......I hope people use it!

Thanks

Alex
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2563 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
The name has been decided: Gift Cube

Thanks John Cesta for the name.

This should be available later on today.

We had some site problems, but we are back up and running.

Thanks again

Alex
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Gift, a type of CAAN, ebook » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL