The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Fellowship of Christian Magicians! » » Seeking specific Illusion (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

guyactor
View Profile
Veteran user
355 Posts

Profile of guyactor
Hey all. I'm slated to be speaking at a summer camp and am looking for either plans or a finished product for some type of cross escape.

Any suggestions?
Sam Sandler
View Profile
Inner circle
2487 Posts

Profile of Sam Sandler
Duane lagfflin showed me one that that I think was built by joe fairchild. it was a take on the old rope tie illusion the name escapes me right now (pun intended) but you have a large cross and you tie a kid or some one to the cross arms stretched out and then as you quote your scripture the ropes magically drop away and the person is free.

again check joe fairchild I am 99% sure that is who made it.

sam
sam sandler- America's only full-time DEAF Illusionist
http://www.samsandler.com
http://www.deafinitelymagic.com
Mark Boody Illusionist
View Profile
Inner circle
1367 Posts

Profile of Mark Boody Illusionist
Sam

You are absolutely correct! Joe Eddie Fairchild does make this & it's excellent!! Top notch quality, find it at http://www.fairchildmagic.com.

Mark
Only he who can see the invisible can do the impossible. Frank L. Gaines
Mike Maturen
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan's Beautiful Sunrise Side
2726 Posts

Profile of Mike Maturen
Quote:
On 2011-05-07 10:18, Mark Boody Illusionist wrote:
Sam

You are absolutely correct! Joe Eddie Fairchild does make this & it's excellent!! Top notch quality, find it at http://www.fairchildmagic.com.

Mark

Looks like Fairchild builds some incredible stuff.....
Mike Maturen
World of Wonder Entertainment
The Magic and Mayhem of Mike Maturen
989-335-1661
mikematuren@gmail.com

AUTHOR OF "A NEW DAWN--Weekly Wisdom From Everyday Life"

member: International Magician's Society
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2869 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
Duane Laflin showed this illusion as part of his Gospel magic lecture at Abbott's several summers ago- Joe Eddy Fairchild was in the audience and had tears in his eyes- it was the first time he saw Duane perform it. The other news is this particular effect would be custom made by Joe as an offshoot from his original post escape (I think made by Abbott's also)- and no doubt would be pretty pricey. Duane used a volunteer from the audience where the ropes fell off from the "bound" individual to the full size cross.
guyactor
View Profile
Veteran user
355 Posts

Profile of guyactor
Excellent, I appreciate the suggestions. The Fairchild item is pricey, but I'm sure, but the effect is worth it. I may have a cross built and come up with my own method of rope ties that are easily undone, still looking like magic. They wouldn't 'pop' off independently.

Barry
Doug Follett
View Profile
Loyal user
202 Posts

Profile of Doug Follett
The Cross Illusion is a very powerful piece, and it takes the view point of one of the thieves that was beside Jesus that day.

Doug
revmike
View Profile
Special user
Annville, PA
646 Posts

Profile of revmike
It is an incredibly powerful piece and this is from someone who owns the Fairchild Cross Escape - You can't go wrong.

Mike
The magic is not in our sleights and illusions, but instead in our ability to bring love and joy.
guyactor
View Profile
Veteran user
355 Posts

Profile of guyactor
Appreciate the comments!

Barry
jdallassmith
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of jdallassmith
I think I will look into adding this to my show, it sounds wonderful.
Gary Barker
View Profile
New user
Tampa, FL
70 Posts

Profile of Gary Barker
I have The Cross Illusion by Fairchild. If you are in or near Tampa, I have it at my shop so feel free to stop in and I am happy to show it to you. Joe Eddie is one of the finest builders in the business. The investment you make into his products is well worth it. I cannot suggest his work enough and this piece in particular is absolutely powerful!
EVENTUCATOR
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of EVENTUCATOR
HELP PLEASE.
I recently procured second hand (used) 12 inch, Hippity hop apparatus. Problem is, there were NO INSTRUCTIONS. I have seen this performed a long time ago, but can not remember it all. Can ANYONE please help me with a/some routine/s?
Perhaps 'copy & paste' a routine to my E-mail??
mralincoln
View Profile
Loyal user
If I wasn't so busy, I'd have more than
219 Posts

Profile of mralincoln
Here's a link to a performance of the Hippity Hoppity Rabbits I found on YouTube which should help. (I got the rabbits w/o instructions, too, and looking on YouTube is how I figured out.)

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%......fCnbF2N8
Kif Anderson
View Profile
FCM forum Staff
1961 - 2012
386 Posts

Profile of Kif Anderson
Eventucator -

You asked about routines for Hippity Hop Rabbits.

Most performers just use it as a sucker effect with little or no point to it other than to get kids to scream. I developed what follows and it uses the prop...but not in the traditional manner (which is pretty typical for me)

Rabbit Revival

Effect:

The performer shows two cut-out characters. One is a white rabbit and the other a black rabbit. A cover, decorated with a white top hat is placed over the white rabbit and a cover with a black top hat is placed over the black rabbit. The performer explains that the rabbits are to change places. This is performed at least three times - with the audience becoming more exasperated as the trick progresses. While in fact it appears the rabbits change places, the audience can't miss the way the performer keeps turning the covers (and their contents) throughout the sequence. At the finish, there is only one explanation possible - the white rabbit has a black rabbit on its reverse side and the black rabbit has a white rabbit on its reverse side. There is laughter, surprise, and applause when the reverse side of the white rabbit is seen to be RED and the reverse side of the black rabbit is seen to be YELLOW!

If the set you have does not have this color line up, adjust it as you find appropriate. Most routines are based on the fact that you are suckering the audience, but this one is slightly more baffling and just as impressive at the end. Also, it is suggested to either repaint the boxes or cover them with contact paper or vinyl sign material to get rid of the usual “magic hat” stenciling. Making them the same color tends to add to the mystery.

GOSPEL ROUTINE

(begin with the rabbits covered with the black gimmick
over the yellow rabbit facing forward and the white side
toward you to your left and the white gimmick over
the red rabbit facing forward and the black rabbit
facing you to your right)

In the Bible it says in John 3:19 that, “Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil.” To illustrate this I have a couple of rabbits to show you. One loved Jesus and the other did not. In other words…

(Remove right cover to reveal white rabbit)

…one loved the light and…

(Remove left cover to reveal black rabbit)

…one loved the darkness. Now the rabbit who liked the darkness…

(Cover black rabbit)

…tended to do things he shouldn’t do when others weren’t looking. The one who loved Jesus really wanted to reach out to all the rabbits that loved the darkness, so he did what he could.

(Cover white rabbit)

He turned…

(Turn right container half a turn)

…to the Bible to seek wisdom. The rabbit that love the darkness turned…

(Turn left container half a turn)

…to worldly friends for advice. The rabbit that loved Jesus went around…

…sharing with everyone he met about Jesus hoping to turn…

…them from the world and get their eyes on Jesus. But no matter how much he tried to turn…

…them on to Jesus…some just wouldn’t turn…

…from their evil ways.

When he would try to come and see them and share…

(Lift left cover from rabbit to reveal white rabbit)

…they would never…

(Lift right cover from rabbit to reveal black rabbit)

…stick around very long.

But the rabbit who loved Jesus wouldn’t give up. He went into his house…

(Take cover from the right and cover the rabbit on the left)

…and prayed and prayed for all of his…

(Take the cover on the left and cover the rabbit on the right)

…unsaved neighbors. He prayed that they would come around…

…and see the truth. He then went around…

…and around…

…to all of his neighbor’s houses to share the gospel, but sadly…

(Lift up the cover on the right to show black rabbit and recover)

...he found rejection at house…

(Lift up the cover on the left to show black rabbit and recover)

…after house. But the rabbit that loved Jesus wouldn’t turn tail…

…and run away from sharing…he kept right on praying for his neighbors over…

…and over…

(Turn left container half a turn again)

…and over…

(Turn left container half a turn again)

…and over again. And one day his prayers paid off. Someone’s heart was ready to receive God. And our rabbit who loved Jesus…

(Lift off right cover to reveal a white rabbit)

…prayed with this neighbor and…

(Lift off left cover to reveal a white rabbit)

…now there were two believers in the neighborhood. But our story doesn’t stop there. Now together they started sharing…

(Cover both rabbits)

…to neighbors going around…

…and around…

…and around…

…sharing the gospel. And some would listen and receive…

(Lift left cover and steal away gimmick to reveal the white rabbit)

…Jesus into their hearts. Like it says in Psalm 6:4 “Turn, O LORD, and deliver me; save me because of your unfailing love.” However some…

(Lift right cover and steal away gimmick to reveal black rabbit)

…simply would not. In Psalm 125:5 it talks about those who won’t turn to God. The psalmist wrote, “But those who turn to crooked ways the LORD will banish with the evildoers.” You see no matter how much the may hear the gospel, their hearts seem to get harder and harder.

Jesus came and died for…

(Put hand on the top of each rabbit)

…every bunny…um… I mean everybody. But I guess in this story every bunny seems to apply. Some choose to turn to Him. Some choose not to turn from their ways. Those that do are covered by his love…

(Turn white rabbit around to reveal the red rabbit)

…and some I guess are…as they say in the South…

(Turn black rabbit around to reveal the yellow rabbit)

…are just Yellow… which means afraid. Afraid of what their friends are going to think. Afraid they are going to miss out on some fun. Afraid to admit they are sinners. And I’m afraid that means they won’t go to Heaven.

How about you? Have you turned your life around and given it to Jesus? Maybe it is time.

At this point you could give an invitation.

In the script above, don’t say red means blood…you don’t want them thinking bloody rabbit. Also if your colors are reversed on the rabbits, yellow on back of the white and red on the back of the black…change the script to talk about one going to the streets of gold some day (yellow) and one going the other place (red).
We are not cisterns made for hoarding, we are channels made for sharing. - Billy Graham
<BR>
<BR>Sharing the gospel with Comedy & Illusion www.ozandwilde.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Fellowship of Christian Magicians! » » Seeking specific Illusion (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL