The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Review of "Bone of the Elders" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

docsteve
View Profile
Inner circle
1831 Posts

Profile of docsteve
Ok so I've been playing with this for the last 3 days, getting to grips with how to use it.
The main post, and the videos, probably explain everything you need to know; the website shows the 'extras' (box, skull fragment, documentation) that all add to the unique feel. Think of it as a 'Zibit' that also works as a proper self-contained magical effect.

The thinking behind the bone, and the variation of the timings, is the real genius however. Even the instruction booklet has spaces to record your own observations (in your home climate/enviroment) so that the timings can be a robust as possible. It would have been easy for Mr Scratch to have lazily brought out the bone with no consideration of this, and it still would have been the best effect in its class; however the cueing system is what really makes this piece outstanding.

For those still not convinced, there is also a PK option which works brillinatly with an M5 - you can be 4-5 inches away and have the bone pivot around; on a bottle top you can set it off, withdraw the PK influence and have it do a full 360 rotation. (Hint: why not palm a PK device behind the skull fragment??)

In summary, this is bizarre magic for bizzarists by bizzarists, and as such joins the likes of Higley, Outlaw and Lebanon Circle.
$200 is a snip; honestly - that's not hype or BS. That's the same prices al the excellent LC 'Reliquary' which is a finger - this is half a leg!!
I couldn't recommend it highly enough, but if yyou're still in doubt, I beleive a book of stories/routines may be coming in the future.

Steve
[
SpellbinderEntertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
West Coast
3519 Posts

Profile of SpellbinderEntertainment
Just what the bizarre world needs, yet another thread on the dreaded object.
Unless you are a thousand miles from San Francisco, do not but it, as it is exorbitantly priced, is ungainly, and too realistic for your spectators. (There, I should be safe with being one of the few in this area!)

Shame on me Doc Steve. I've had it three weeks and did not think of some of these matters.
(Though HOW did you think of balancing that monster on a bottle top, had you imbibed from said bottle?)

And wow, yes the props alone (without the bone) could be conjurer-ed into some magic, what a thought.
And hiding a PK behind the skull fragment... well almost as diabolical as Scratch himself.

A book of routines and stories? Late breaking news!

Your review is tops, just makes us less creative types look silly.

Bro. Walt
dennfox
View Profile
Inner circle
1680 Posts

Profile of dennfox
Thank you Doc Steve and the Baron for the hype!
dennfox
View Profile
Inner circle
1680 Posts

Profile of dennfox
After that review: Man! I'm willing my heart to Doc Steve!
SpellbinderEntertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
West Coast
3519 Posts

Profile of SpellbinderEntertainment
Dennis, I thought your heart had been carved out long ago and burned on a pyre but some local dude. Maybe he can have your liver? Walt
dennfox
View Profile
Inner circle
1680 Posts

Profile of dennfox
Silly Walt! DocSteve is a Card-ee-ologist not a Liver-ologist!
Dr. Solar
View Profile
Special user
Citrus Heights, Ca.
526 Posts

Profile of Dr. Solar
I thought dennfox was going to say that after that review he was going to have to buy one.LOL

Doc
"look for me in all things forgotten"
www.drsolar.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Review of "Bone of the Elders" (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL